WWE News

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
Another Big Match Advertised For Monday's Raw
Written by Richard Gray on Nov 15, 2008 - 11:59:26 AM

WNW reader Francki Yayo sent word that Randy Orton vs. CM Punk is also being advertised by the Philips Arena website for this Monday's ECW/Raw taping in Atlanta, Georgia.

Click here to view the promotional material for Monday's show.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Final Lineup For Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View

Below is the final lineup for Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view. Extreme Rules will take place live on pay-per-view from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana:

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
- Edge (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Submission Match
- John Cena vs. Big Show

Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match for the ECW Championship
- Christian (c) vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer

No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship
- Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Fatal Four Way Match for the United States Championship
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. MVP vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy

Samoan Strap Match
- CM Punk vs. Umaga

Hog Pen Match for the Miss WrestleMania Crown
- Vickie Guerrero vs. Santina Marella

sky star 2

Super VIP
Kennedy's WWE career over
Green Bay Grappler released just days after his comeback

Mr Kennedy has been released by the WWE, just days after making his long-awaited comeback from injury.

The former United States champion received a rousing reception from the Los Angeles Staples Centre crowd when he returned to the ring on May 25's edition of Monday Night RAW.

It proved a victorious night for the Green Bay Grappler as he teamed up with fellow 'LA Lakers' John Cena, Batista, MVP and Jerry 'The King' Lawler to overcome a 'Denver Nuggets' team comprising Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Big Show and The Miz.

Kennedy also seemed set for a run at WWE champion Orton after grabbing the mic and threatening the Legend Killer earlier that night.

But less than a week later, the 33-year-old has been told he will need to look for alternative employment.

A WWE statement read: "World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of RAW superstar Mr Kennedy (Ken Kennedy).

"WWE wishes to Ken the best in all future endeavours."

sky star 2

Super VIP
Edge punishes Extreme Enigma
World heavyweight champion assaults Hardy after their match

Jeff Hardy's future at Extreme Rules hangs in the balance after he was brutalised by ladder-wielding world heavyweight champion Edge on Friday night SmackDown.

The Extreme Enigma had been set to join intercontinental champion Rey Mysterio in tag team action against the Rated-R Superstar and Chris Jericho.

But Jericho posed as a masked fan to nail Mysterio on his way to the ring, ruling the Master of the 619 out of the main event, so Hardy was forced to go it alone in a two-on-one Handicap Match

Despite a valiant effort, Hardy was unable to come up with the win and, after receiving a hard-hitting spear from The Ultimate Opportunist for the one-two-three, Hardy was left motionless following a Edge-led ladder assault after the bell.
Undercard

Earlier at Los Angeles' Staples Centre, The Great Khali and R-Truth overcame Dolph Ziggler and Mike Knox with The Punjabi Playboy delivering the Punjabi Plunge to Knox for the pin.

Umaga warmed up for his Samoan Strap Match against CM Punk in nine night's time with a brutal disqualification defeat to John Morrison.

Punk then finally made use of his Money In The Bank briefcase after the match, but not by cashing in the championship contract, rather to use it as a weapon, leaving the Samoan Bulldozer prone.

Formerly known as The World's Greatest Tag Team, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas lived up to their moniker in California with The Gold Standard dropping Shad with Pay Dirt to claim a win over Cryme Tyme.

And finally, in women's championship action Melina proved too much for Alicia Fox and Eve got the better of Layla.

sky star 2

Super VIP
MVP seals "Lakers" win
"Nuggets" suffer defeat during action-packed RAW

John Cena, Batista, MVP, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Mr Kennedy defeated Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Big Show and The Miz on a bizarre edition of RAW.

The five-on-five main event finished off an evening that began with criticism over the organisation of the night itself.

The WWE Universe were scheduled to watch the action inside the Denver Pepsi Center, however, the owner of NBA side Denver Nuggets - E. Stan Kroenke - had instead axed Monday Night Raw from the arena to allow his team to play the Los Angeles Lakers in a play-off game.

Despite having just three days notice to purchase tickets, fans flocked to the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and once again they were treated to a night full of drama and controversy.

Sporting Denver Nuggets jerseys as they entered the ring: Big Show, WWE Champion Orton, Rhodes, DiBiase and The Miz faced off against their five opponents, who came to the ring donning LA Lakers tops.

The returning Mr Kennedy was given a rousing reception, and, after surviving a barrage of physical abuse from the "Nuggets", the Green Bay Grappler managed to make an ultimately game-changing tag to bring Cena into the ring.
Kelly Kelly fury

The Champ then tagged in MVP, who, to the fans' delight, secured the win for WWE's "Lakers" when he delivered his finisher and pinned Rhodes.

The Brian Kendrick is still waiting to strike up a winning tag-team partnership after he and Festus suffered defeat at the hands of Goldust and Hornswoggle.

The same evening also saw Kofi Kingston overcome Matt Hardy and William Regal in a Triple Threat Match to earn a US title shot on the next RAW.

Kingston claimed the pin on Hardy and will fancy his chances of dethroning US champ and friend MVP when the two lock horns on Monday.

Elsewhere, Santino Marella and Mickie James teamed up to defeat Chavo Guerrero and Beth Phoenix in an entertaining Tag Team match-up.

After Mickie pinned Beth for the win, Santino chose a Hog Pen Match for his "twin sister" and Vickie at Extreme Rules.

The stunning Kelly Kelly missed out on securing the Divas title despite defeating champion Maryse.

In what was dubbed "The battle of the blondes" by the WWE Universe, Maryse got herself disqualified and retained the title - prompting a furious Kelly Kelly to attack the cunning champion and drive her from the ring by disqualification.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Joey Styles Blasts President Obama, The Miz Suffering From An Illness

- Joey Styles continues to use his Twitter account to blast President Barack Obama. Below are his latest three Tweets posted about an hour ago:

Our marxist president is in the Middle East apologizing for the USA and snubbing Israel. The disgrace continues.

Obama hid from his middle name, Hussein, during the election and now brags about how many Muslims live in America. He's a fraud.

By the way, he used taxpayer money to turn ownership of Chrysler and GM to the UAW which donated millions to his campaign. That's a payoff!

- Speaking of Twitter, The Miz recently wrote on his Twitter page he is suffering from a cold.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Ric Flair Said It Was His Decision To Leave ROH Not WWE's

Ric Flair recently spoke with a columnist for the New York Daily News and told them that it was his decision, not WWE’s to not appear on Ring of Honor’s televisions show. He said, "I announced I would be leaving them (ROH) last week at the Philadelphia show because it would be on HDNet(cable TV) and I felt it wasn't right for me to be appearing (on TV) for the WWE and ROH while singing the praises of both."

He went on to say that he is only under a verbal agreement with WWE, but he is still retired. When asked if he would ever un-retire he said, "Well, let me say that under very special conditions I would consider wrestling again."

sky star 2

Super VIP

Evan Bourne Says WWE's ECW Blows The Original Out Of The Water, Defends McMahon's PG Product

The UK Sun has a new interview online with Evan Bourne. In it, he defends Vince McMahon's ECW brand by saying they blow the original ECW out of the water. Below are the notable quotes from the piece:

"But if you compare ECW now to the old ECW on TNN - we blow that show out of the water. Every week we blow it out of the water. I have tons of respect for Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Super Crazy and Tajiri - as they were the guys I idolized growing up. I loved ECW. So that's why I'm so proud to part of the current ECW, to make sure the name has the same feel and fans feel the same way I did at that age."

"They were wrestling in front of 4,000-5,000, whereas WWE's arena shows attract 10,000. That makes a huge difference as you have to adapt to your crowd and give them the best show. Also ECW had no rules, you could use any language you want. I loved the promo Tazz cut on Steve Corino, where he cursed for 10 minute straight, but we can't do that. We're a PG product and I'm proud to be a part of that."

sky star 2

Super VIP
Confirmed Matches For Tonight's Edition Of SmackDown

The following matches have been taped for tonight’s edition of WWE SmackDown:

* The Cutting Edge with Jeff Hardy as the special guest.

* John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin

* R-Truth vs. Chris Jericho

* Umaga vs. CM Punk

* Layla, Michelle McCool, & Alicia Fox vs. Melina, Eve, & Gail Kim in a 6 Diva Tag Team Match

* Dolph Ziggler vs. The Great Khali

* Rey Mysterio vs. Edge

sky star 2

Super VIP
JR Involved In New WWE Trading Cards Project, Says Mickey James Trying Country Music, More

Jim Ross has a new blog available on his official website. Below are the highlights:

- Yours truly will be working with Topps Trading Cards on an upcoming WWE trading card project. I will be writing the content that will appear on the back's of the cards. With being a life long card collector this should be a fun project on which to work.

- Mickey James, arguably the WWE's most talented in ring diva, is contemplating trying her hand at country music as Mickey has apparently written several songs and is preparing to do a demo as I understand it. This doesn't mean Mickey is leaving wrestling whatsoever. I wish her luck if she decides to travel the country music road as it won't be easy but neither was her getting in WWE.

- It looks as if SD will be in a position to kick Raw's ass again this Sunday at "Extreme Rules." In my biased opinion, no match on the card is more eagerly anticipated than the Ladder Match for the World Title with Edge defending against Jeff Hardy. To think that I inked both these men to WWE contracts over a decade ago is a testament to how time flies. I assure you that both men will take ridiculous risks Sunday and I will be shocked if the use of the ladders as weapons doesn't bust someone open.

- Chris Jericho challenging Rey Mysterio for the IC Title and essentially saying that Jericho will unmask the uber talented luchadore might be another show show stealer. Does Raw have a match that will deliver better than these two aforementioned SD bouts? No Holds Barred should favor the challenger from where I sit.

- Umaga vs. C.M. Punk feels like it is an issue that just got started a few days ago but my senses is that these two will make the most out of a very difficult type of match. Getting lashed with a leather strap is a daunting task. Tough way to make a living. My brief experience in a "Country Whipping" match, and I wore as many clothes as possible, is proof enough to me that getting hit with a piece of leather isn't fun. For the record, that Country Whipping match versus The Coach back in the day in Chicago on Raw may have set wrestling back a decade and that's being kind. Put it did get a huge TV rating, sold out the arena, provided seconds of unique entertainment, blah, blah, blah.

- It looks like Ric Flair is completely finished with ROH, or at least that's my take on it, and that Flair will eventually wrestle again for promoters abroad but not wrestle for WWE. Flair seems destined for a reoccurring role on WWE TV but I don't know the details of such or the time line. After being punted by Randy Orton Monday night in Birmingham, one wold not expect to see Naitch back on WWE TV for quite some time. Right?

sky star 2

Super VIP
Air Times For 3-Hour Raw In Canada, Advertised Names For WWE's Tour Of The Philippines
Written by Richard Gray on Jun 4, 2009 - 1:10:33 PM

- WNW live events correspondent Devin Cutting sent this in... According to TV Guide Canada's website, The Score will be airing the next 3-hour edition of Monday Night Raw at these times:

June 15th - 9:15 PM (ET) with a pre-show at 9 PM (ET)
June 16th - 12:15 AM (ET)
June 16th - 5 PM (ET)

Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

- WNW reader Carlo sent this in... Advertised appearances for the SmackDown/ECW Live event in the Philippines next month include Jeff Hardy vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship and a special guest appearance from Raw Superstar Dave Batista.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Chris Masters Says His Deal With WWE Isn't Finalized

The CWO of NZWPW spoke to Chris (The Masterpeice) Masters this afternoon about his apparent re-instatement into the WWE and because of this recent press release Chris Masters himself wished to release a statement of his own: "It is true that I have met with WWE officials about a possible return to the WWE, but any and/or all official confirmations have not yet been made as we are still only in the planning stages. If I am officially re-instated into the WWE, I will not hesitate to let the New Zealand Fans know personally" Many thanks "Chris Masters". The CWO is confident that NZWPW will be the first to know the out come.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Update On Triple H's Return, Today's Birthdays, WWE Magazine, More

- Wrestling News World reader Mutt sent word that Triple H is shown on the June 9th Calendar on the official WWE Kids website. As previously noted here on the site, local advertisements for this Monday’s Raw have also promoted Triple H as returning.

- WNW reader Jon Robertson sent the following… I recently received the new edition of WWE Magazine, July 2009 (the one with Randy Orton on the cover), and I noticed something funny. On the front cover in the bottom left corner is text saying: “PLUS: A Tribute To Teal - The ugliest color in WWE History.” I thought it was pretty humorous when I turned the page and saw the Great American Bash poster (which has Batista on it) with the logo IN TEAL.

- WNW reader Alan sent the following… Here are today’s pro wrestling birthdays: Former Intercontinental champion Ahmed Johnson (39), Current FCW Heavyweight Champion Drew McIntyre (24), Konnan (45), O.D.B. (31).

sky star 2

Super VIP
Three WWE Developmental Talents Cut

WrestlingNewsWorld.com has learned WWE has released developmental workers Jon Cutler, Lupe Viscara and Maverick Darsow. John Laurinaitis notified the workers of their releases prior to Thursday's Florida Championship Wrestling TVs.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Supershow House Show Results (6/06/09) - Pensacola, Florida

Wrestling News World reader Kevin Horgan sent the following results:

WWE Supershow results
Pensacola Civic Center
Pensacola, Florida
6-7-09

Arena sits 10,000 for wrestling,probably 5,500 or so tonight.

Evan Bourne def. Tyson Kidd via shooting star press,decent match lots of rest holds for two cruiserweights,but that's that Hart Family style.

Beth Phoenix and Rosa Mendez def.The Bella Twins,not a very good match,and they gave it way too much time(12 min)

WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat pinned Sheamus with a cross body block off the top rope,steamboat worked over most of the match but makes the comeback for the win.

Umaga pinned Ron Killings via The Samoan Spike in 7 mins.decent pop for Umaga(pensacola roots).

US Champion Kofi Kingston pinned Matt Hardy in 10 mins via Trouble in Paradise.good match Kofi way over with the kids.

The Miz pinned MVP with a DDT,very surprised Miz got a pinfall over MVP.

ECW Champion Christian Pinned Jack "Thwagger" in 15 min,great action,two real good near falls,match of the night!

John Cena,CM Punk,and Jeff Hardy beat WWE Champion Randy Orton,World Champion Edge,and Chris Jericho when Cena pinned Jericho,awesome spot when all 6 guys hit their finishers,other than that just looked like they were going through the motions.

Overall good show

Pops
1.Cena
2.Hardy
3.Kofi

Heat
1.Jericho
2.Edge
3.Swagger

sky star 2

Super VIP
Ken Kennedy's T-Shirt A Top Seller, SD vs. Raw 2009, The Rock Update

- WNW reader Charlie Hall sent the following… Just thought it was interesting to note that Mr. Kennedy's latest t-Shirt is still up for sale on WWEShop.com (although at a reduced price) and is currently the third top seller only behind the WM25 DVD package and the Hardy’s logo green pendant. There is also a lot of customer comments in the feedback section on the t-shirts page saying how it was a bad decision and that he will be missed...one comment even mentions his mic ability in comparison to Batista's.

- WNW reader Brandon van Reenen sent the following… While the official SmackDown vs. RAW websites cite Q3 or Fall 2009 as a release date, IGN.com touts the release of this year's title as September 30 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS, and an exclusive December 31 release date for the PlayStation 3.

- WNW reader Jonathan Smith sent the following… The Rock made the cover of the latest edition of UFO magazine.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Good Vince McMahon Story, Rey Mysterio, Today's Birthdays

- WNW reader Parker G sent word B.B. King was performing at his club on Beale Street in Memphis last week and Vince McMahon covered the dinner and drink tab for the entire place when he was there.

- WNW reader G Ilyas sent this in... Rey Mysterio is on today's Yahoo Top Ten Searches in the 9th position.

- WNW reader Alan sent this in... WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel is celebrating his 59th birthday today. Current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mick Foley turn 44 years old today.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Hall Of Famer Works Last Night's House Show

For those that missed it in our house show results, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat worked a match at last night's Supershow. Steamboat defeated Sheamus with a cross-body block off the top rope.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Live Report From After Last Night's WWE House Show In Pensacola, Florida

Wrestling News World reader Jerred C sent in the following report:

I live in Pensacola, FL. and I work at the Pensacola Civic Center and last night was awesome as always. The workers were all really nice with the exception of a few of them. I'm a young fan so seeing a lot of the older guys wrestle doesn't mean as much to me as it does my family but it was amazing seeing a legend like "The Dragon" wrestle in person. All the workers were signing stuff for us employees through out the show, some of the workers also went out to Pensacola Beach and partied for awhile. I was at the beach and saw a couple of them partying with everybody at Fun's

sky star 2

Super VIP
New ECW Champion

Tommy Dreamer just beat Christian & Jack Swagger in a Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match to win the ECW Championship at tonight's WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view in New Orleans, Louisiana.