Freesat V8 Golden combo testing

william-1

Feed Hunter
Well I have been testing the Freesat V8 Golden combo for a couple of weeks now ( S2 & T2) Powervu / Tandberg & all other CAS supported,:)

The Blind Scan is almost non existent & using it with a motor DiSEqC USALS is not very good either (It did not always move to the next selected satellite):eek:

But on the Plus side the V8 Golden combo has enabled me to watch all of the Tandberg+ EPL feeds with no key input from me,:D

Other keys need to be added manually Power Vu,Bulsat ect,

The receiver is very small & sits nicely on top of the TM5502HD that I use to move the dish & use the V8 Golden as a slave receiver an excellent addition to my Feed Hunting activities,

When the keys change you just reboot the receiver & the keys update then you can view within 30 sec looks like all the keys have been preloaded in the CAS even the new one's in use over the last few days,:thum:

Excellent pictures in SD transmissions of Arena Sport 1-4 on 39 east the upscaling is the best I have ever seen,:)

Far superior to the TM5402HD M3 SD & slightly better than the TM6902HD that up until now I had considered to be very good.

satinvert

Donating Member
I have this receiver too :)
I must add that it can get new keys for powervu channels.
Works fine with AFN on 9.0e and Discovery Networks on 0.8w :thum:

manic01

Super VIP
The Blind Scan is almost non existent & using it with a motor DiSEqC USALS is not very good either (It did not always move to the next selected satellite):eek:

The receiver is very small & sits nicely on top of the TM5502HD that I use to move the dish & use the V8 Golden as a slave receiver an excellent addition to my Feed Hunting activities,
I understand you are using as a slave, but if the blindscan is useless as you say apart from decoding tandberg keys whats the benefit to a feed hunter like yourself?
Looks good value for all the extras it has though.

utdman

Registered
had it for a few months now(v8 golden).

works well with the epl tanberg feeds. massive bonus :D
iptv works ok too.

have not tried the cable side of things just yet.

pretty pleased with the box but wish the freesat team can make it even better by regular firmware update/bug fixes.

:thum:

william-1

Feed Hunter
had it for a few months now(v8 golden).

works well with the epl tanberg feeds. massive bonus :D
iptv works ok too.

have not tried the cable side of things just yet.

pretty pleased with the box but wish the freesat team can make it even better by regular firmware update/bug fixes.

:thum:

It was your post a while back that grabbed my attention for the V8 Golden on EPL Tandberg feeds :thum:

They seem to be releasing upgrades at regular intervals so maybe some of the issues will be addressed soon in the meantime just enjoy the Football :D

utdman

Registered
It was your post a while back that grabbed my attention for the V8 Golden on EPL Tandberg feeds :thum:

They seem to be releasing upgrades at regular intervals so maybe some of the issues will be addressed soon in the meantime just enjoy the Football :D

no probs, glad you took the chance in testing the box etc via my posts.

I get goose bumps everytime the epl prematch intro music starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhgnt9kGGg

:D

william-1

Feed Hunter
Now testing the Terrestrial Scan on the V8 Golden tuner it is very sensitive so getting channels from more than one transmitter,

High Gain aerial aimed at Sandy Heath also picking up most of the Multiplexes from Crystal Palace ok as well no break up :thum:
No London Live as it is on a much weaker Multiplex.

Last edited:

manic01

Super VIP
Can either of you answer this question please.
Does the stb need to connected to internet to get valid tandberg keys or is it autoroll.
I ask as some of the tandberg keys are unique first time used keys and some are older keys.
If you have to reboot stb to get latest keys it sounds like keys are being supplied via a server?
Can someone try on saturday with ethernet not connected and see if valid keys are found for all games?
Thanks

william-1

Feed Hunter
Can either of you answer this question please.
Does the stb need to connected to internet to get valid tandberg keys or is it autoroll.
I ask as some of the tandberg keys are unique first time used keys and some are older keys.
If you have to reboot stb to get latest keys it sounds like keys are being supplied via a server?
Can someone try on saturday with ethernet not connected and see if valid keys are found for all games?
Thanks

Keys update with no Ethernet connection,
I will try next time not to re-boot the receiver when the keys change to see what happens.

manic01

Super VIP
If you can keep internet off, and check that would be great.
I can understand stb may be rolling with old keys like last saturdays 3pm games, not sure how its updating on unique not seen before keys as no one seems to have auto update on tandberg nor claim to?
Anyways seems a nice to have, if just for footy as seems lacking in motor/blind scan department.

pipedream

Registered
I have one working on USAL moves between 7.0 east and 10.0 east with no problem for the football. Keys update as William said without the internet.

utdman

Registered
I just rescan the tanberg feed frequency on 7e/10e and after a few secs the channel is viewable

wordup

Registered
i have freesat v7 and v7max both boxes find the codes themselves for the powervu betting channels and afn,
there not connected to the internet. I don't have a big enough dish to check the feeds, I'm thinking of getting one now tho. thought id add to this as I paid £17 for my box from ebay.

william-1

Feed Hunter
EPL x 4 matches (Tandberg)
10 east 11300 H 22500 S2 HD
1=Bournemouth V Watford
2=Crystal Palace V Everton
3=Middlesbrough V West Ham Utd
4=West Brom A v Sunderland