LACUNA/WOLSEY METER FILES

ponyirl

Registered
Hi all I have this meter mkiv (yellow 5 button) I need to update the transponders for several satellites all its reading now is vertical on 28.2 and horizontal on 13 is there a step by step for doing this or can someone advise I don't have the work (due to career change) to justify replacing it out right any help advice would be great. so far I've read the data from the meter and attempted to open it in the editor but to no avail . Thanks P

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you just update it with the software in post 2 with a usb cable but that list will be out of date now, I got mine updated when I sent it away for a service to the isle of weight, the guy there is the only repair and service person for these meters in the UK

makitamark

Registered
New Lacuna DSM Mk4 Datasets

Hi,
New member here, first time to post.
I have been using this old Satellite meter for some time now, I had to have it fixed a few years ago and I made contact with a company based in Stockport who carried out the repair.
They also supplied Satmeter-3 program for editting the datasets.
I have worked my way through this and managed to keep my own meter up to date, unless you do this the meter is effectively scrap.
I have checked the current dataset I have and it works perfectly.
If anyone needs a copy or would like a working description of how to use this with the Mk4 meter I am happy to help.:thum:

makitamark

Registered
Satmeter-3 Program

There are a few PC programs, (satloader) and (meterloader) both these programs appear to be the same and are for loading the software file onto the meter.
Neither of these two programs allows the datasets themselves to be modified.
Satmeter3 is a program that allows datasets to be downloaded to the meter as well as allowing datasets to be modified as need be.
Satmeter3 is the only program I use.

How to use Satmeter3

1. Connect USBa lead into Laptop
2. connect other end (USBb) into Lacuna meter
3. Note the Port Number assigned to it
4. Open the Satmeter3 program
5. open ‘utilities’ and set the correct Port
6. click ‘file’ and open a previously saved Dataset
7. Modify as required
8. save the modded dataset with todays date
9. remember to change the top line: UK multisat xxxxxx
10. make sure meter is powered up and connected to reliable power
11. click ‘utilities’ and select ‘download’ to send info to meter
12. usually takes a minute or so
13. pop up window appears; 160 entries written
14. power cycle meter to enable new dataset

makitamark

Registered
Sky 28e dataset information

I use my meter mostly for installing/checking Sky LNB feeds, I have had to update the Sky section of the Dataset many times, my current set is this:
August 2015
Vertical Low: 10758 SR:22000 FEC: 5/6
Horizontal Low: 10773 SR:22000 FEC: 5/6
Horizontal High: 12266 SR:27500 FEC: 5/6
Vertical High: 12480 SR:27500 FEC: 2/3
Named this dataset: UK Multi 040815
Uploaded to meter on 04th August 2015, tested this dataset on the Quattro LNB on site at Worral, Sheffield.
I have also modified the Hotbird settings recently,these have been tested and do work, I will submit the complete dataset itself, hopefully it can be attached.

makitamark

Registered
lacuna dsm Mk4 dataset August 2015

Satmeter-3 program
For use with the Lacuna DSM Mk4 Satellite meter.

Data Sheet

shahidok

Registered
Mark III satellite meter to North America

I need loder for LACUNA III yellow III button loder
l. Hel

murrayjon

Registered
Driver

Satmeter-3 program
For use with the Lacuna DSM Mk4 Satellite meter.

Data Sheet
Hi. I have plugged my Lacuna Mk 4 meter into my PC to do the update. The PC says " No driver found " So I can't see my meter. How do I resolve this problem? And also, do I have to Unzip the file of thee update first. Thanks.

makitamark

Registered
Hi, I'm running Windows Vista and everything needed was there in the installation files, I guess it could be related to the Operating System you're using?
Remember these programs were designed some time ago.

murrayjon

Registered
Can't find meter

Hi sorry for the really late reply. I am running windows 7. And as I said, when I plug the meter in, my PC doesn't see it.

stewpony

Registered
Stewpony

Hello all, in particular Makitamark, I updated my Lacuna IV in 2012which was then a simple download, via a company in Stockport I think.
Now that it's more difficult I would like to know how to actually edit the instrument's database myself and with what data since I've never had to do this before.
Regards to all -- Stewpony

makitamark

Registered
Hi,
In one of my previous posts you will see the latest dataset I am currently using, it is the one labelled 'UK multisatxxxxxx.sat' where the x's represent the date it was last modified.
Download and open this file using Satmeter-3, it will populate the various Windows that appear with the relevant data.
It is this data that you can edit as and when.
Click on the + sign top left to open the list of satellites.
Find the satellite you wish to edit.
Click on each setting and modify as required.
Once complete click on File and then Save As
Follow the convention provided and use today's date to differentiate the one you've just modded.
There are a number of websites that supply the data needed, Lyngsat is one, another is King of Sats, or something like that.
Regards
Mark

makitamark

Registered
Murrayjon,
Try to loan an old laptop running XP, I have no clues as to what to do with your Windows 7 machine, sorry.

makitamark

Registered
Just of late I have been struggling with my lacuna meter, I have updated as I normally would have to the:
1.Frequency
2.FEC
3.Symbol Rate
but still I am failing to pick up the signals.
There are some settings that I have never altered, for example;
LNB LO
Default Level Cal
Default BER Cal
Viterbi Error Period
Do I need to amend any of these settings?
Or is my Lacuna meter now hopelessly outdated?
Many Thanks for your suggestions.
Mark

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I had a similar problem and was not getting any signal on the bars on the led on mine it needed a new tuner board which cost me around £50 to send it to the guy in the Isle of Weight that fixes them

Ykrats

Registered
Help

Hi I have a lacuna satmeter3 needing the latest firmware for ma dad any help would be great what's the best software to load the firmware on to the satmeter
Cheers

mosssat

Registered
i need the firmware for the dsm mk4

hi all,

my lacuna mk4 is stuck on a boot loop. i was hoping some could tell me where i can download the mk4 firmware from or if someone could email it to me.

thanks in advance