***Loading Enigma 2 using USB stick for Cuberevo/IP Box 9000HD for Newbies***

ianskill

Registered
even with sifteam 10513 in flash,i installed the multiboot,then followed instructions,took me 3 attempts for it to work,but thats me,lol.i used the 8gb micro sandisk cruzer

DKaftermath

Registered
could be an uncompatible USB stick as well, i just bought a 2gb sandisk cruzer from comet for £6 , it worked first time.

guff daddy

Registered
I take it you have installed latest sifteam image & it works fine when u select option 3

Is it case of E2 is installed ok onto USB stick but does not boot when selecting option 2
Sorry, catseye, didn't see this at first.

Yes - that's correct. Pressing 2 leads to MULTIBOOT 2 screen and never changes. If I restart it stays on BOOTING.
If I restart and press 3, it says MULTIBOOT 3 and after about 20 seconds goes to load flash image.

I've just seen there is a new DGStation image out along with a SIFTeam version. I think I'll upgrade to this then try again.

catseye

Registered
Let box boot with DGS based flash image 1st

Then follow steps as per previous instructions to see if USB stick is installed

Using DCC program log into box with name -root & password relook

Then select FTP, then mnt, if stick is installed you should see USB & then USB0

If you cant see this it means USB stick isnt installed properly:thum:

Sorry, catseye, didn't see this at first.

Yes - that's correct. Pressing 2 leads to MULTIBOOT 2 screen and never changes. If I restart it stays on BOOTING.
If I restart and press 3, it says MULTIBOOT 3 and after about 20 seconds goes to load flash image.

I've just seen there is a new DGStation image out along with a SIFTeam version. I think I'll upgrade to this then try again.

guff daddy

Registered
Let box boot with DGS based flash image 1st

Then follow steps as per previous instructions to see if USB stick is installed

Using DCC program log into box with name -root & password relook

Then select FTP, then mnt, if stick is installed you should see USB & then USB0

If you cant see this it means USB stick isnt installed properly:thum:

Yep, done all that.

I can telnet to box and see /mnt/usb/usb0. FTPed to box to copy the image file (tried both PKT v 5.5 and PKT v6.0)and unpacked image using TAR - no errors shown. Ran sync and waited a while to ensure all data written to USB.

I thought the problem was in the boot image so I did a complete reflash with new SIFteam image (11102 I think) - that still didn't work. I reflashed with the multiboot image and that ended up with an Error 79. This relates to a wrong DB version (as far as I can tell).

At this stage, I got sick of messing around so just flashed with SIFteams 6.0 Enigma2 image and am working on that for the moment.

I would prefer to use the DGStation images but there is a (for me) major bug in that timeshift/recording of HD channels doesn't record sound as it only records the normal stereo channels not the Dolby sound. Enigma2 doesn't have this problem.

Bacardi

Registered
I need some help i can see usb0 but i can not unmount it i get the following

welcome to cuberevo
cuberevo login: root
Password:
System bootup in progress - please wait
[Disconnect bypassed -- root login allowed.]
CubeRevo
Custom release - No Limits Board --> http://www.nlb.to

Release Edition - nlb10513
[NLB cuberevo /]$ mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock4 on /var type jffs2 (rw)
none on /mnt type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp/mqueue type mqueue (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /media type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/usb/usb0 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
[NLB cuberevo /]$ unmount/mnt/usb/usb0
-sh: unmount/mnt/usb/usb0: No such file or directory
[NLB cuberevo /]$ unmount /mnt/usb/usb0
-sh: unmount: command not found
[NLB cuberevo /]$

where am i going wrong?

cheers

Bacardi

Registered
Doh

i'll get me coat

Thanks took a little while but i now have e2 running from my usb

One final thing can i get a card running the internal cam (is there a guide)

cheers

Last edited:

Bacardi

Registered
i Ftp in to usb0 the simple panel i then executed it by using the following command

tar xvzf E2_SIMPLE_PANEL_USB_ALLCAM.tar.gz

however if i use the blue button and the emu manager, and try and start(or stop) any thing i get permission denied. What do i have to do to get it working?

cheers

guff daddy

Registered
You probably need to change permissions on the files
Easiest way I've found is in Filezilla - just right-click on file or directory and select permissions. Generally set to 755 (owner can read/write/execute, group can read/execute, public can read/execute)

guff daddy

Registered
The only way I could get a USB key working was by downloading a ghosted Enigma2 image, then using ghost in XP to apply the image to the USB stick - worked fine and booted first time!

Bacardi

Registered
Thank you i had set permissions to 755 with cute ftp, however i must have missed some. I used filezilla and used to to set sub folders and it now works. I now have a problem with my harddrive if i initialze it, the system crashes (i have a samsung spinpoint 1tb) any thoughts on that.

Once again thank your for your help

carrpet

Registered
Following all of this experience what is the preferred DGS image in Flash to support multi-boot ?

guff daddy

Registered
Following all of this experience what is the preferred DGS image in Flash to support multi-boot ?

I don't think the main DGS image matters - what I have found though is it's always best once you have applied a new flash image to reapply the multiboot image (it only updates the boot sector so doesn't affect your main image).

Palinkat

Registered
Tried to flash PKT 0.6.0 with the info from this post, thanks for all the posters.
Managed to get the image on the stick correctly I think. It boots correctly and I can see the PKT splash screen.
After a few seconds in the splash, the box cold reboots. It just keeps doing the same in a loop.
Anything I could have done wrong?

Cheers