Viark Droi 4k

Kb Cool

Registered
How's the picture quality on the droi? I bought a mecool kiii pro and it's not very good. Thinking about unloading it and getting the droi.Also who has the best price?

pupido

Registered
Do I need the original firmware v.2 to install pt firmware?
Today, I got the decoder with firmware v. 1. I tried to install firmware PT v. 1.19 but I get the message ERROR.

Kb Cool

Registered
Does the Viark droi have a import softcam by USB feature for powervu,Biss, ect... in the menu? If so, is it shipped with that function or is new firmware required?

SilverHippy

Registered
Does the Viark droi have a import softcam by USB feature for powervu,Biss, ect... in the menu? If so, is it shipped with that function or is new firmware required?

Yes you can (transfer key file from usb to stb) but you cannot download from Droi stb to usb. Iv'e tested this with a key file transferred from a Viark Combo to a Droi with no problems. You would also have to update the software to a PT version because if you don't, you would not have a key menu.

Regards :thum:

slayer7

Donating Member
@SILVERHIPPY ever since the biss auto is down i cannot input keys manually and get them to work. i tried softcam key manually but had no luck also.what is your method? cheers

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
No idea. You can download and install apps.
It's not my main receiver, so I don't use it often.

SilverHippy

Registered
@SILVERHIPPY ever since the biss auto is down i cannot input keys manually and get them to work. i tried softcam key manually but had no luck also.what is your method? cheers

Hi, yeah the biss au on the Droi & Combo is a bit hit & miss. I just use use a stripped down version of a key file from a Viark Combo with a new biss line entry added into it.

Regards :thum:

slayer7

Donating Member
how do you enter them it starts off 001fff and then a number eg 01 then key. how do you empty the biss key section i am thinking maybe its clashing thanks