WWE News

sky star 2

Super VIP
Kevin Nash Update: Why His Profile Was Removed, New Deal Not Reached

Kevin Nash was on the In Your Head Wrestling Radio show last night. The reason his profile was removed from the official TNA Wrestling website is because he has not signed a new contract. Nash, who still has a few weeks left on his current TNA deal, said that they were close to a new deal but far apart in terms of merchandise.

sky star 2

Super VIP
This Week's ECW Rating Is In

According to data compiled by Nielson Media Research this week's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi drew a 1.2 cable rating. This is the same number the show did last week.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Update On Former WWE Star, Upcoming Samoa Joe Appearance, More

Prince Iaukea will be appearing at the United Christian Championship Wrestling event in Reidsville, Georgia on September 25th, 2008. Go to http://uccw-wrestling.net for info about UCCW.

Gangrel will be appearing at the Firestorm Pro Wrestling event in Lakewood, Ohio on October 17th, 2008. Go to http://myspace.com/firestormpro for info about FPW.

Samoa Joe will be appearing at the Firestorm Pro Wrestling event in Lakewood, Ohio on December 13th, 2008. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Taking A Chance, Shane McMahon, Roode/WWE, Orton

Taking A Chance, Shane McMahon, Roode/WWE, Orton
Written by Richard Gray on Sep 25, 2008 - 11:02:33 AM

Do you think management will ever give Jeff Hardy the WWE Championship? I know everyone is saying that he only has one strike but with how big he is with fans do you think it would be a mistake to at least give him a shot. If he messes up it will show the locker room no one is safe even champions.

I think that as long as Jeff stays out of trouble that it is likely that he could be given a shot as WWE Champion. I do not see it happening at No Mercy next month; however, I would not rule it out for the future. As I have said numerous times, I think that WWE would be making a mistake by not taking a chance with Jeff Hardy because of how over that he is. Randy Orton has had problems in WWE (steroid allegations, behavioral problems, etc.) and they have taken a chance on him. I do not think that it should be any different for Hardy.

Do you think that Shane McMahon will make more appearances on WWE TV considering his huge pop or was it just a onetime thing?

It seemed like they left the door open for more Shane McMahon based on how Raw was booked on Monday. Notice how Mike Adamle changed the main event without consent from Shane. Whether or not Shane returns next week, we'll definitely see more of him in the future. I also would be surprised if we didn't see Vince McMahon back on television soon as well.

Do you think that Robert Roode would be used better as a singles wrestler in WWE?

Someone actually asked me this question on the radio last night and my answer has not changed. No, I think that Robert Roode is fine where he is in TNA Wrestling. Roode is a very talented wrestler and his upside is endless, however, I would be scared if he went to WWE that he would be reduced to nothing more than another TNA transport that is a designated WWE job guy. Roode is a TNA Tag Team Champion and that is certainly better than getting squashed in a WWE dark match.

Is Randy Orton medically cleared to compete? If not, when can we expect to see him back in the ring?

No, Randy Orton is not cleared to wrestle. I was told that he is expected back around Survivor Series or a couple of weeks before the "big four" pay-per-view.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Injuries To WWE Referees, Edge Doing Promotional Work; Latest On His Return, Jesse & Festus Moving

- There is an interesting article on the official WWE website where injuries to referees are highlighted. Former WWE referee Tim White and current WWE referee Jack Doane are quoted in the piece. As we broke exclusively here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com several months ago, Doane has been out of the ring after undergoing shoulder surgery. Click here to read the full article.

- WNW reader Willie Torres sent word that Edge is doing promotional work for WWE in the Orlando, Florida market on the radio and local news stations, plugging SmackDown's move to MyNetworkTV. Edge, who lives in Tampa, is taking some time off to rehab some nagging aches and pains. As I reported on my WNW Premium News Brief yesterday, I was told by a source close to the former World Champion that he is expected to return to WWE television no later than Survivor Series.

- For those that have asked, the Jesse & Festus gimmick where they are wrapping opponents in bubble wrap and coming out in the MyMoving Company van is to promote SmacKDown's move to MyNetworkTV. Obviously they are not allowed to mention the competing network on the CW Network which is why the tease with MyMoving Company.

Richard Reacts: I think that a lot of people take the referees in WWE for granted. They have to go through some very intense training just like the wrestlers and they are the best at what they do. We spoke to Jack Doane before he had shoulder surgery and I wish him the best in his continued recovery. Remember SmackDown moves to MyNetworkTV starting next Friday, October 3rd at 8 PM. I do not get MyNetworkTV in my market so I am going to have some problems catching SmackDown.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Official TNA Impact Preview For Tonight

The following is from TNAWrestling.com:

Tonight, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV for two hours of Total Nonstop Action starting at 9pm as the road to the October 12 "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View continues!

Below is a preview of what is scheduled for the broadcast:

- "The King Of The Mountain" Jeff Jarrett has requested time to speak out about Mick Foley appearing on Thursday's iMPACT! Plus, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle is scheduled to appear! Will Jarrett further address Kurt Angle's challenge to fight him at Bound For Glory? What does Mick Foley have to do with the escalating problems between Jarrett and Angle? Tune in and find out!

- The Latin American Xchange will take on TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc with a very important stipulation: Whichever team loses the bout loses the services of their manager! Meaning, either Jacqueline or Hector Guerrero will be forced to stop managing their team after Thursday.

- In a non-title match, TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe will take on X Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir!

- In singles action, it will be "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles taking on Booker T

- In a tag team bout, it will be Abyss and Matt Morgan facing The Rock N' Rave Infection of Lance Rock and Jimmy Rave

- The TNA Knockout juggernaut Awesome Kong will be in action

- Plus, tune in for more news on the October 12 "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View event! All this and more on Thursday night on Spike starting at 9pm ET!

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Monday Night Raw Going Live In Mexico

MEXICO CITY, Mexico, September 24, 2008 – World Wrestling Entertainment® (WWE) and TVC Deportes announced today a new agreement which will see WWE Monday Night RAW available live for the first time on TVC Deportes. This contract with Mexico’s leading cable sports channel follows the announcements of WWE programming being launched on broadcast TV in Mexico on Televisa’s Galavision Canal 9 and TV Azteca’s Azteca 7.

Beginning Monday, October 6, Monday Night RAW will be broadcast LIVE to more than 4.5 million TV households on TVC Deportes on Mondays from 8 p.m. CT.

With the addition of TVC Deportes in Mexico, Monday Night RAW is now available LIVE throughout North America. Millions tune-in every week to view a star-studded roster of WWE’s globally renowned Superstars, including John Cena®, Shawn Michaels®, Batista®, CM Punk™, Randy Orton®, Chris Jericho® and Mexico’s own Rey Mysterio®. RAW is consistently one of the highest rated shows on cable in the United States showcasing all of the action, excitement, drama and great athleticism that have made WWE the most popular sports entertainment property in the world with its programming broadcast in more than 130 countries in 23 languages.

“WWE is very excited to announce that for the first time ever, our fans in Mexico will be able to watch RAW live every Monday night in its entirety on TVC Deportes,” says Shane McMahon, WWE Executive Vice President, Global Media.

“Adding WWE RAW Live [to its regular programming] is part of the excellent service we provide to our subscribers, by bringing them the world’s prime sporting events completely live as they happen,” stated Gerardo Velázquez de León, Director of TVC Deportes. “Raw is a magnificent event that the Mexican TV audience will enjoy and become quickly devoted to week after week”.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE SmackDown/ECW House Show Results (09/24/08) - Lisbon, Portugal

The following results are quick results from the SmackDown/ECW house show in Lisbon, Portugal, they are courtesy of AWP Wrestling:

* Jeff Hardy b. Vladimir Kozlov

* Jesse & Festus b. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

* The Brian Kendrick b. Jimmy Wang Yang

* Maria & Michelle McCool b. Maryse & Natalya

* Finlay b. Jack Swagger

* Shelton Benjamin b. R-Truth to retain U.S. Title

* Matt Hardy b. Mark Henry to retain the ECW Championship

* WWE Champion Triple H & Undertaker b. Big Show & MVP

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE SmackDown/ECW House Show Results (09/22/08) – Bowling Green, Ohio

WNW reader Michael from Ohio sent the following report:

Festus & Jesse def. Zack Ryder & curt Hawkins (non-title)

Brian Kendrick with Ezekiel Jackson def. Jimmy Wang Yang

Jeff Hardy def. Vladimir Kozlov via dq
- kozlov left the ring and was counted out

Finlay with Hornswoggle def. Jake Swagger

Matt Hardy def. Mark Henry with Tony Atlas (no dq match)
- Teddy Long told Atlas if he interfered, Henry would lose the match

Shelton Benjamin def. R-Turth (U.S. title match)

Michelle McCool def. Maryse with Natalya (Maria as special referee)

Undertaker & HHH def. MVP & Big Show
- Big Show left MVP in the ring by himself to get the pedigree

-The arena had no more than 500 in attendance
-Undertaker came out last and received the biggest pop
-HHH and both Hardy's received good pops as well
-Jeff hardy and Kozlov was a boring match due to Kozlov's dq
-Hornswoggle and Finlay really got the crowd into things after the match by letting small kids run around in the ring
-Undertaker showed no signs on an injured leg or an injured finger
-Overall a decent show that last a little under two hours

sky star 2

Super VIP

WWE Offers Aid To Residents Of Houston, Texas

Houston, Texas, September 24, 2008 – World Wrestling Entertainment’s ties to the city of Houston go beyond the upcoming WrestleMania XXV at Reliant Stadium on April 5 and a history of successful WWE events in the area. Several WWE Superstars – including United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Carlito and Shad of the tag team Cryme Tyme - call Houston home.

Today, WWE tried to do its share to help its Houston fans deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. More than 900 Houston residents affected by the disaster were given food and necessities purchased by WWE and distributed by WWE Superstars John Morrison™, The Miz™, Funaki™ and WWE Diva Layla™ at Impact Houston, a Houston Food Bank member agency. The WWE also has been urging its fans to contribute to the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Red Cross through appeals on its popular television programming, and its website, WWE.com.

Current United States Champion Shelton Benjamin from WWE’s Friday Night SmackDown televison show is a resident of the Houston suburb of Spring. Benjamin was on his way to compete in a WWE live event as the storm rolled in. “The night we left, for about 60 miles, we were pretty much fleeing the storm,” Benjamin claimed. “The roads were empty and the wind was blowing us all over the road.”

Benjamin grew up in South Carolina, so he has vivid memories of 1989’s Hurricane Hugo. He noted that Ike was a larger and more destructive storm than Hugo, and the memories of that disaster came back to him as he prepared for the storm. Benjamin had to reschedule a trip to San Francisco so that he could tape up his windows and bring lawn furniture and plants inside his house.

“Everybody got hit,” he said. “I don’t think there’s anywhere that went untouched. With the size of the storm, every suburb got hit — I don’t care if you’re on the north or the south, or in the west or east side. For the most part, Spring wasn’t hit as bad as some of the other areas. Obviously, there were a bunch of trees and signs knocked over. There are a bunch of houses around here that have wood fences, and those are down all over the place.”

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Helps In Hurricane Relief Efforts, Hottest Female Athletes, SmackDown vs. Raw 09 Preview

- MyFox Houston has an article online talking about The Miz, John Morrison, Layla, and Funaki helping with Hurricane relief efforts in Houston, Texas. Click here to read it.

- CBS2 Chicago has a slide show now online with 38 of the "Hottest Female Athletes". WWE's Candice Michelle ranks #11 while Maria ranks #20. Former WWE diva Stacy Keibler is #14. You can view the full slide show at this link.

- Team XBox has a preview now online for WWE's upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 video game. The author notes that WWE finally has competition again with Midway's release of TNA Impact. Click here to read the review.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Preview For The Final SmackDown On CW, Next Week's Move, Where You Can Find MyNetworkTV

The final episode of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on the CW Network will air tonight at 8/7 PM CT. The following matches were taped this past Sunday night from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio for tonight's show:

* WWE Champion Triple H & Jeff Hardy vs. The Brian Kendrick & MVP

* Natalya & Victoria vs. Brie Bella & Maria

* The Great Khali vs. Vladamir Kozlov

* Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Chavo Guerrero

* WWE Tag Team Champions Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins vs. Carlito & Primo Colon

WWE will premiere on MyNetworkTV on Thursday night with a WrestleMania XXIV special at 8/7 PM CT with music by U2, Metallica, Three Doors Down, & Kid Rock. Friday Night SmackDown will premiere on the network the following night at 8/7 PM CT.

For information on where MyNetworkTV broadcasts in your area, click here.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Thursday's TNA Impact Rating

Thursday's edition of TNA Impact did a 1.1 cable rating on Spike TV. That is the same number that the show did last week.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Another Champion vs. Champion Match Added To Next Week's SmackDown, Updated Card

WWE has announced that the newly crowned WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo Colon will face the World Tag Team Champions Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes on next week's edition of SmackDown. Next week's edition of SmackDown will be the premiere episode on MyNetworkTV. Here are other matches that are confirmed:

* WWE Champion Triple H vs. World Heavyweight Champion Christ Jericho vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy

* Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella vs. United States Champion Shelton Benjamin

* Kane, JBL, MVP, & The Brian Kendrick vs. Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista, & Jeff Hardy

* WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool vs. WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix

Next week's edition of SmackDown will be taped on Tuesday night from the Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin. If you are interested in sending us text message updates from the show, click here.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Advertised Matches For Tonight's TNA House Show In Miami

TNA Wrestling will run a house show tonight at the Bank United Center in Miami, Florida. Below are the advertised matches for the event:

Miami, Florida at the Bank United Center on Saturday, September 27th:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Booker T

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
Beer Money, Inc. with Jacqueline (c) vs. The Motorcity Machine Guns

Christian Cage vs. Cute Kip

Other names advertised: AJ Styles, TNA X Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir, TNA Women's Knockout Champion Taylor Wilde, Consequences Creed, Awesome Kong, Petey Williams, and Traci Brooks.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Details On SmackDown's Future On The Score In Canada

The Score in Canada has announced that Smackdown will continue to air on The Score every Friday night. Ads about Smackdown's move in the US caused many Canadian fans to contact The Score to inquire about Smackdown's future in Canada.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Crowns New Tag Team Champions

Carlito and Primo Colon are the new WWE Tag Team Champions. The brothers were booked over Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins in a match that was taped on Sunday and aired on last night's edition of Friday Night SmackDown.

sky star 2

Super VIP
JR Blog: Jeff Hardy Receives Stitches, Flair Loses Coca Cola Deal, TVs In Toronto, More

Jim Ross has a new blog entry available on his official website. He notes that Jeff Hardy received stitches overseas. Below are the highlights:

- The WWE's upcoming event in Paris, France sold out well in advance. Years ago I would have never thought of American wrestling being a hit in Paris unless you would have said Paris, Texas.

- The #1 contender for the WWE Title, Jeff Hardy, received 6 stitches in Barcelona, Spain but will miss zero ring time and this is not considered by any means a serious injury nor will it affect Jeff's in ring schedule. This sort of thing, while unpleasant, goes with the territory.

- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson getting top billing over such stars as Billy Crystal, Julie Andrews, and Ashley Judd in the upcoming film "Tooth Fairy" is a huge accomplishment when one stops and thinks about it.

- I read where Ric Flair "lost" a deal with Coca Cola but I am under the impression that "Naitch" was only in casual talks about he possibility of working with Coke down the road in the Southeast and this was never a done deal.

- From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the upcoming December 22 WWE event in Toronto will be a TV shoot. Whether it is or not, it is always great to return to TO for any reason. Tickets for this one will go fast one has to assume. Not a bad "stocking stuffer" idea for the holidays. I hope it is a broadcast event as TO is one of my favorite cities.

- I spoke with ESPN Friday morning about the possibility of doing a piece for them during the week of the Oklahoma-Texas college football season prior to the Red River Shootout on Saturday October 11. This is not a done deal but looks promising. This potential feature would air on College Football Today, one of my favorite shows, if it can be finalized.

sky star 2

Super VIP
TMZ Says Ric Flair Never Had A Deal With Coke, Lesnar's UFC Debut On Free TV, Jackie Haas

- TMZ posted an article in response to wrestling fans that think that they caused Ric Flair to lose his endorsement deal with Coca Cola because of their coverage of the incident involving Flair and his daughter's boyfriend. TMZ stated in the article that they were told Flair never had a deal with Coke. You can read the article at this link.

- WNW live events correspondent Devin Cutting reporting... Brock Lesnar's UFC debut against Frank Mir is one of the fights on the September 27th/28th edition of the syndicated TV program "UFC Wired". Click here to see where and when "UFC Wired" airs.

- WNW reader Chichi Grullon sent this in... I was flipping through magazines and I came across one called "Fitness RX" with Shannon from Danity Kane on the cover. In that issue there is a two page article, with before and after pictures, of Jackie Haas (the wife of Charlie Haas, known professionally as Jackie Gayda) talking about her body during and after her pregnancy.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Changes Their TV Taping Format For The Month Of November

WWE is changing their TV taping format for a few weeks in November. The ECW tapings will move to Mondays and WWE will decrease the number of Smackdown tapings by doing 2 episodes in one night. In other words, Raw and ECW are being taped weekly while Smackdown is being taped bi-weekly.

Here's the schedule:

* November 10th in Manchester, England - 1 episode of Raw & 1 episode of ECW

* November 11th in Manchester, England - 2 episodes of Smackdown

* November 17th in Atlanta, GA - 1 episode of Raw & 1 episode of ECW

* November 24th in Providence, RI - 1 episode of Raw & 1 episode of ECW

* November 25th in Albany, NY - 2 episodes of Smackdown

* December 1st in Washington DC - 1 episode of Raw & 1 episode of ECW

The current taping format returns after that.