STAB 120 HH OR TM 2600 0R DARK MOTOR FOR GIBERTINI 125CM

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
HI EVERYONE
ITS TIME TO REPLACE MY STAB 120 HH MOTOR FOR GIBERTINI 125CM DISH.PLEASE SHARE YOUR OPINION ABOUT WHAT MOTOR SHOULD I GO.

alfred_1

Registered
I have a Moteck motor on my Gibertini 1.25 Dish. It is ok BUT
if you want to have piece of mind the best thing is to buy a Polar Mount and an Actuator Motor which I have on my other
1.25 Gibby Dish. It is much more stable and can take the weight of the 1.25 with ease.

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
My Stab motor is 9 years old and its very good motor but its slow.

Dish is on the wall of the house so the only option is motor not actuator unfortunately.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Is it the stabb 120 you have now ? If so why not try the dish on it. If its the 90 it would need the extension tube.

Agreed the stabbs are slow but ive had mine around 16 years still going currently with an old Lenson Heath 1 meter on it.

william-1

Feed Hunter
The Stab 120 is ideally suited for DiSEqC 1.3 USALS & will work ok with the Gibertini 125cm,

Admitted it is a lot slower than a 36 volt motor but I have never had a problem with waiting a few seconds,

I have Stab100 motor's for the 104cm Gibertini & the 88cm Raven mesh dish,:thum:

I did have 2 Dark motors on these set ups now in storage now as I get more satellites with the Stab's as they give me more height for 53 east to 55 west with the Stab compared to 45 east to 45 west with the Dark motor,

I will be upgrading to a 125cm Gibertini soon & will fit a Stab120 as they are of a better construction & quality than the DM with an LED that never worked :eek:.

Last edited:

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
Is it the stabb 120 you have now ? If so why not try the dish on it. If its the 90 it would need the extension tube.

Agreed the stabbs are slow but ive had mine around 16 years still going currently with an old Lenson Heath 1 meter on it.

I had Stab H-H120 and its been all the time with Gibi 125. It's 10 years old now and about a year ago it start playing. I replaced it with Alsat motor for now but it doesn't look good as the dish is well to heavy for it.

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
The Stab 120 is ideally suited for DiSEqC 1.3 USALS & will work ok with the Gibertini 125cm,

Admitted it is a lot slower than a 36 volt motor but I have never had a problem with waiting a few seconds,

I have Stab100 motor's for the 104cm Gibertini & the 88cm Raven mesh dish,:thum:

I did have 2 Dark motors on these set ups now in storage now as I get more satellites with the Stab's as they give me more height for 53 east to 55 west with the Stab compared to 45 east to 45 west with the Dark motor,

I will be upgrading to a 125cm Gibertini soon & will fit a Stab120 as they are of a better construction & quality than the DM with an LED that never worked :eek:.

Check your email mate for last night

alfred_1

Registered
I had Stab H-H120 and its been all the time with Gibi 125. It's 10 years old now and about a year ago it start playing. I replaced it with Alsat motor for now but it doesn't look good as the dish is well to heavy for it.

I had two Stab 120 Motors and as everyone knows they are quite slow (purposely done because they can take a 120Dish) But after
a year or so they developed a backlash which was quite annoying.
Anyway I bought the Moteck motor but first making sure that it's drive gears are all of the iron type not plastic. The Dish(Gibby)and Motor are partly sheltered from wind and after two years I have had no problem.