Viark Droi 4k

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have seen many complaints about the ability of the Droi to produce good 4K images. I don't yet have a 4K television so cannot personally comment.

SilverHippy

Registered
I can't understand why on the polish channel CANAL PLUS 4K ULTRA HD when I watch a football game the images are not very bright.
Since the images are in HDR, even if I set the brightness to the maximum, the images are always dark.
Have you noticed this thing too?

Have a look at your tv settings (HDR) to see if it has a AUTO HDR setting. On that channel with this setting using a Sony Bravia & Viark Droi set at 2160p/50 I have a good picture. I have noticed some 4k transmissions on some channels can also look washed out but I think that is the fault of the (not corrected) transmitted signal.

Regards :thum:

pupido

Registered
Have a look at your tv settings (HDR) to see if it has a AUTO HDR setting. On that channel with this setting using a Sony Bravia & Viark Droi set at 2160p/50 I have a good picture. I have noticed some 4k transmissions on some channels can also look washed out but I think that is the fault of the (not corrected) transmitted signal.

Regards :thum:

I will do as you suggested. Thank you.
Have you ever managed to record CANAL PLUS 4K?
I noticed that all 4k channels opened by the FOREVER IKS are not recordable. Why?

SilverHippy

Registered
I haven't tried since updating to sw 1.20 but it used to have a problem recording any channel that was encrypted. I'll try again soon.

Regards

SilverHippy

Registered
The only 4K channels that I can record are the FTA ones but most of the other encrypted HD channels are ok except for SLY,RMC & Alquiler on 19.2e

Regards

tpbeta

Registered
Forever IKS boxes

Does anyone know if Dinobot works with Forever IKS? Is it just any Android 7.0 box? The Viark Droi sounds like it can't handle HDR properly

tpbeta

Registered
:

I don't see anywhere online a reference to this box supporting HDR or HLG. Are you sure it is sending an HDR picture?

SilverHippy

Registered
On the 3 channels that transmit a HDR/HLG
signal, TravelXP 4K on 19.2E & 13E. Insight UHD on 19.2E & SDS UHD Demo channel 19.2E Perfect clear picture on all 3. The 3 channels report that they transmit in HDR/HLG wide colour gamut BT.2020.
The Sony Bravia reports in its settings what signal it's receiving & is also evident by seeing that the brightness has auto boosted to max which it does not do on a normal 4K signal.

Regards

sandy55

Registered
do you have Yes-Amos 4w package ?

yes amos package is currently death by ICAM STATUS = 0x02 NSA2
it has been never hacked and running trought ICAM 0x02 , it has been running over DVB-CSA1 from ICAM status 0x01 before
dont believe their support team becoz they blaming u about fake card killers and so on ;)
i checked this by myself the box firmware of iks forever hisilicon is completly blank from other ICAM encryptions than dvb-csa1

Last edited:

roxthaworld

Donating Member
anyone found a easy way to enter biss key with it? page down has a section but it doesn't seem to do anything

Kb Cool

Registered
Does anyone know if Dinobot works with Forever IKS? Is it just any Android 7.0 box? The Viark Droi sounds like it can't handle HDR properly

Does the Dinobot 4k plus even do powervu in android OS or Enigma for that matter? I been looking but haven't found too much info on it.

pupido

Registered
On the 3 channels that transmit a HDR/HLG
signal, TravelXP 4K on 19.2E & 13E. Insight UHD on 19.2E & SDS UHD Demo channel 19.2E Perfect clear picture on all 3. The 3 channels report that they transmit in HDR/HLG wide colour gamut BT.2020.
The Sony Bravia reports in its settings what signal it's receiving & is also evident by seeing that the brightness has auto boosted to max which it does not do on a normal 4K signal.

Regards

On Canal Plus 4K at 13 east the viark droid does not handle HDR well.
I don't think it's a channel problem.