vu+ultimo freezing whenever crossepg does an update.

mo.p

Registered
hi guys I have a problem with my box freezing whenever crossepg does an update.
Happens on both manual and scheduled update.
Any help greatly appreciated

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Check that crossepg is not configured to store the epg.dat in the flash of your box as it may fill it and cause the crash.

mo.p

Registered
thanks for reply m8 can you plese tell me how to Check that crossepg is not configured to store the epg.dat in the flash of my box Any more help would be greatly appreciated

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
please please anybody

Start crossepg from the plugin menu and enter the configuration tab.

Check where the epg location is and if flash change it.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try updating to the latest version first that will rule out corruption in your current version.

mo.p

Registered
I have already tryed fresh image and Ive got another vu+ultimo box which is working fine and make a backup but still same it work for one all day fine then next scheduled download crossepg it freezes Any more help would be greatly appreciated

mo.p

Registered
I have already tryed fresh image and Ive got another vu+ultimo box which is working fine and make a backup but still same it work for one all day fine then next scheduled download crossepg does an update it freezes Any more help would be greatly appreciated

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Starting to sound like a hardware fault on the usb side or the usb stick is faulty or full. Try another stick.

If you have a hard drive swap the storage path to that and see what happens.

mo.p

Registered
i think I have sorted the problem Iam now only useing open tv provieders sky uk open tv (astra2 on 28.2)I had to turn off retec virgin uk/Ireland xml tv so at least its not freezing the box