Are there any problems so far with DM 800?

awg

Registered
Greetings everybody!

I ask this since I'm thinking on ordering it, but I haven't seen many user comments so far.

Thanks in advance!

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
Picture good,, and hdtv channel zaping one to other fast..Gbox notworking,,,cccam working ok but the image still not %100 cos emulator still crashing one's in a while when you put to many application....tuner getting hot and also the box i cant even think if you install the HDD inside the box....

Box more or less working fine but as a hardware hope less ..support very good all ready many image's out ...

bpl

Registered
I have a 250 GB HDD in my DM800 and it works fine. I dont think that it gets too hot, my ipbox 9000 is much hotter...

B

boxgot

...And this:

WARNING: Do not use NewCS on 800

This is a friendly warning to all 800 owners.

It is advisable NOT to use NewCS 1.50 with DM800 !

Something has changed from previous models with sci

When used on the 800 ALL cards are overclocked to 10Mhz !!

As you may know some cards are very sensitive and it is possible you may shorten the life of your card or even kill it.

You have been WARNED.

regards

awg

Registered
Thank you for the comments that really helped me to make my decision and go ahead and order DM800 which arrived yesterday :)

I must admit I was very much surprised first by it's size and then by the improved picture quality over my trustworthy 5400.

Thanks again...

Petrolhead

Registered
thanks from me also, i`m seriously considering one. how steep is the learning curve from a tm 5200 to a dm800? i`ve built and configured pcs all my life but have only played briefly with linux.
cheers

vertti

Registered
Heat 800

Still have problems with the heat DM800 tuner, is guaranteed a lot of maintenance?

satfuns

Registered
In the latest images which use latests second stage bootloaders heating is not a problem anymore. It seems that they manage to make the processor running a little slower and this has a big benefit on heating...