Tm 2300 motor not moving west orange light

emanresu

Donating Member
Having a problem with me motor. While trying to move from 28e to 9e got no signal on 9e tried goin back to 28e nothing all working ok before this. Had look outside dish was in extreme far east position tried to move with box nothing. Tried manual button it will move east of whats left but when I try west it will move a certain amount and then the orange light comes on and no further movement. That orange light stays for a bit then turns to green but process repeats. All connections were working fine and box tm 5402 was good with this motor. Is the motor fcuked or is there a solution?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Motor has driven beyond limits dish itself may need to be
moved along manually [ ie. helped to move ] when pressing the button on the motor itself if bearings on the motor are becoming spent just to get it roughly around to zero or thereabouts so motor can start to move by itself again ,

But That orange light usually always indicates bad cable or over-current on cable , i would for sure say to check again coax cable and double check and re-do ends and your F Connectors
Tm 2300 motor is a very,very old motor now
but still should be good enuff i have a very old Tm 2200 motor still working but TM2600 certainly would be a good upgrade if motor is making noise and bearings are becoming worn out ,
but orange light always means fault with coax cable thats for sure .

Good luck : )

manic01

Super VIP
A green light shows that the LNB’s power supply is reaching the motor and this blinks in orange when a DiSEqC command is received.
It also shows constant orange when the motor cannot move the dish

Sounds like connections

emanresu

Donating Member
Had a look today and got it moving back west with a bit of a push (cheers barney) but the weird think when I choose any sat through usals or diseqs it was driving the motor to the extreme east how is this? I have got it back functional with a motor reset on zero. Also when I try go to my reference it goes extreme east aswell. It also seems to be going past its mechanical limits of 70 degrees. All connections were working ok.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
IF YOUR Sat box supports it then you should be able to set east/west limits i do'nt usue USALS disecq more reliable .
i have my limits set at 42E And 33.5W thats good enuff for me : )