Multistream Satellite Channels [Info] on Numerous Satellites eg 31.5E, 12.5W

mans PX?

Registered
31E
-11914 H DVB-S2 stream 6 (Ukrain Tv channels)
12W
-12718 H DVB-S2 stream 33 (Italian Tv channels)

interesting, sound (sometimes work) and EPG info with HD receiver I can get, but no video?
to small size satellite dish? (I use 115cm satellite dish)
or I need different decoder box to receive these DVB-S2 stream TV channels?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
These streams do not use standard QPSK or 8PSK Modulation. Different codex. So unfortunately specialized kit is needed. Which I don't think is available anywhere (hope someone posts some info that proves me wrong m8).

Magwitch

Registered
My TBS6925 PC card resolves multistream muxes, together with Crazycat's constellation monitor application.

mans PX?

Registered
so it is possible with PC cards and only multistream receivers? interesting does it work with simple HD receivers?
-dreambox, vu+, azbox, clarke tech...

Magwitch

Registered
PC cards that have the STV0903BAC demodulator chip will give you the ACM MIS streams. TBS6925, the USB connected TBS5925, the Prof 7500 and one or two others. Otherwise, only professional standalone receivers. Def. not domestic boxes like you note.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Multi Stream Capable Satellite Receivers

so it is possible with PC cards and only multistream receivers? interesting does it work with simple HD receivers?
-dreambox, vu+, azbox, clarke tech...

I e mailed a few satellite receiver manufacturers today with that very question:-
Did you realise that over a hundred TV channels are now broadcast via Multi Stream on satellites serving Europe & the trend is on the increase,

When will you be releasing a receiver for Multi Stream now popular with several broadcasters in Europe as we are unable to view these channels with your current satellite receivers,

Examples here:-
http://www.flysat.com/is12.php NURTS Bulgarija @ 45 east
http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php Mediaset DVB-T @ 13 east
http://www.flysat.com/e5wa.php Rai Package-MIS + Mediset Multi stream @ 5 west
http://www.flysat.com/e12wa.php Telecom Italia Media @ 12.5 west

I cannot get Astra 1G so maybe other members can ask the same question ?

Last edited:

Magwitch

Registered
Those streams aren't for general broadcast reception. They're for downlinking to DVB-T transmitters in their respective countries.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Those streams aren't for general broadcast reception. They're for downlinking to DVB-T transmitters in their respective countries.

We are well aware of that:)

Feeds are not for general broadcast either as we know they are used for re feed by broadcasters & this has allowed the development of feed-hunting with the blind scan receiver & 4:2:2 modulation stb's via the Quali tv receiver available to us by accident due to a change in broadcast standard by Euro 1080i in DVB-S then they changed to DVB-S2 HD for Euro 1080 so loads of Quali TV box came onto the open market,
Followed by the AZBox that could display 4:2:2 in DVB-S & DVB-S2 so long as it sells stb's then they will make STB's for the general public & the enthusiast :thum:

Next in the pipeline for enthusiasts satellite receivers will be support for ACM, VCM, Multi Input Stream, 16APSK, 32APSK ect with Blind Scan capability in DVB-S2 QPSK/8PSK 200Ksps to 45,000Ksps.

Last edited:

empb

Staff member
Administrator
Looking at current info. Multistreams are on 45E, 21.6E, 13E, 10E, 4.8E, 5W & 12.5W - have I missed any?

I'm looking at the new Openbox's (thx chelo71)

and DVB Cards (maybe more future proof?)

chelo71

Super VIP
the first receiver openbox SX "consumer" for the multistream

Hello everyone
the decoder OPENBOX SX series (SX4 BASE/SX4 HD/SX6 HD) are normally able to show some satellite channels in multistream

http://youtu.be/W8AZ0P0eOwI here I put a video made ​​by me in English (sorry for my pronunciation maccheronica), I hope explanatory, with some tests in this regard.

At the time the decoder is not able to show the multistream encapsulation with T2-I and those with PLS ROOT CODE

So are visible at the time
the multiplex Timb on 12.5 west
ZEONBUD on 5east/31, 5east
BULGARIA NURTS on 45east

I do not know if the firmware implementations allow them to see the other packages

empb

Staff member
Administrator
and is their a DVB-Card + Software our SU feedhunters would recommend!

(Are the ones mentioned earlier in the thread still the best ones to get now or..........! ) :)

ufeedo

Registered
Openbox sx6

Hi
I bought a Openbox SX6 but I find the channel capacity 10000 very little. which are 6000-7000 for TV and 4000 for radio chs!
for everyday life is the capacity for 6000 TV not recommended!
Set against with Astra1,2,3,Hotbird the channels capacity fills up quickly!
€ 150 is not worth the box!
because you put rather 50-60 € and buy a TBS6925!;):cool:

+ it is a fact the box is good only for blind scan and Multistreams! Mediaset on HOTBIRD not work!!!!

- when I zapping to 4:2:2 Feeds freeze this Box, and you can no longer zap! here helps only receiver on the power switch and out!:mad:
- They should also display the signal in dB integrate if possible!
- When the PVR recordings of the receiver no longer responds to the remote commander.
- When pressing the FB but the little red LED bulb flashes. The TV program will meanwhile continue but. Also pressing the STB button does not help. Since only helps a separation from the power supply and restart.
- Longer switching, zapping times between HD and SD channels than previous versions.

All FW versions:
- An unlimited manual input of the recording time is essential.
- PVR recordings often end too soon, despite 15 min lag time..
- The longer the box is in operation, the hotter the tuner we disabled it and the more frequently even in the current program
 choice menu between icon and main menu as it did at Octagon SF1008 HD.
- So you do not always press the tiny blue selection key must to access the main menu

musicares

Donating Member
ufeedo did you install any kind off emu/softcam on openbox
sx6hd
i will got tomorrow this box and i am very interested.