TCAM - my very first CAM & sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir85pk

Super VIP
TCAM - my very first CAM & sources

Quote:
Hi

I have been developing a CAM using the rqcamd sources' cardserver client. Since I am a supporter of open source hereby the binary AND all sources. Makefile included. To compile it on the development Image I posted somewhere else in this forum.

This was the first effort to rewrite my code into something readable. Its C++ (Makefile calls C++ compiler and linker) and there is a lot of comment to explain the code.

Hope you like it, my plan is to cleanup the code somewhat more, stabilize it, extend it with emu's (currently ONLY a valid card is supported - so its completely legal :). Feel free to experiment and steal parts of it. Any questions/feedback on the implementation are welcome. I am writing documentation on the DVB technology behind it, but to be honest the comments should speak for itself.

Oh yes, just to confirm: it was build for PLi Images which are known to use a specific CAMPT device and uses DVB API 1. Just copy it to the DB and run it from the command line. Be sure that /dev/cardserver is running and that you have a valid card inserted. I personally export and mount the development filesystem on VMware on the Dreambox so after compilatio I can immediately run the binary.

ANY HELP/TESTING IS WELCOME

Regards
Dirktator (Aug 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.