Gbox??

cocoa117

Registered
Hi, I am new here, and want to learn a lot. But it seems there is a restriction for access Gbox emu. Anyone know why? :mad:

kisan

Registered
Hi, I am new here, and want to learn a lot. But it seems there is a restriction for access Gbox emu. Anyone know why? :mad:

according to my limited knowledge one has to post atleast 10 times and u may granted access to gbox area from Admin. That is my guess which could be quite well wrong. So if this wrong please correct me.

cocoa117

Registered
kisan, i just got about 11 posts, and still can't get in. They asking for password. What's so different with this Gbox anyway. If it's legal reason, what about all other emus?

ggiuseppe

Cocoa117,
it's not sufficient to collect posts to enter the Gbox section. As you have already seen, this area has not only a post count restriction but there's also a password protection. We grant access to members that show to partecipate and give their active contribution to the board.

Are you looking for collect posts only to access this area? Spamming the board is forbidden in our rules, read them. Now i'll check your posts, if i'll find useless ones i'll immediately delete them.

You wrote...
...and want to learn a lot. But it seems there is a restriction for access Gbox emu
I can say that "to learn" there's not only the gbox section. Take care ... :)

Best regards and since you are a new member welcome, enjoy your stay on Sat Universe.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
kisan, i just got about 11 posts, and still can't get in. They asking for password. What's so different with this Gbox anyway. If it's legal reason, what about all other emus?

There is nothing special about gbox. It is just most convenient and wide spread emu for cs. But there is something "special" (you might call it wrong) with people who develop it. They ask there is no open access to it, same goes for people that write tools for it.
But thats the way it is, and if that is the only way to have gbox section here then I'd rather we have it restricted. I could have made it hidden and no member would ask for access to it,you wouldn't even know such section exists but I don't want to make it too restrictive either.
Regardless of gbox team wishes I don't think it is wise to discuss cs in open section so it is safer for members that have access to it if section can't be accessed by everyone.
And the reason for double protection is obvious. People try to spam the board with 10 thanks post or something else useless just to get in there. And you should have 10 constructive. That should prove at least to a certain extent that you are serious and that you can be trusted.

cocoa117

Registered
guys, understood. However, I just got hold of Gbox, and wish to ask question about it. Where should I post it? Or I should simply wait till I can access the section before say anything.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You can discuss it outside gbox section, but since you are only 1 post away I guess you are better off reaching 10 posts and asking there.

anwarsheriff

Registered
Gbox: Quick setup guide for dreambox (500, 7000 and 7020)

1. setting up a dyndns address

What 's dyndns?
Dynamic DNS is a system which allows the domain name data held in a name server to be updated in real time.

This is necessairy because most people have no fixed ip address.
If there is an ip change, every share partner has to update there config file to keep connection.

Therefore whe use a dyndns address because the dyndns name stays always the same.
Your share partners will always redirected to your linux machine that 's running gbox.
A little program like 'inadyn' will check if there is an ip change and will update your dyndns account.
This way your dyndns address will always be linked to your home ip address.
We will discuss the setup of inadyn later.

The following companies will offer you this services for free:
- http://www.dyndns.com
- http://www.no-ip.com

We will discuss the first one:
- go to http://www.dyndns.com
- go to the upper right corner of the webpage and click 'Create Account'
- fill out the webpage (only 'User Information'is important) and Create Account
- you will get an email with a link to activate your account
- Activate it
- login to your account (upper right corner)
- click on 'my services' and choose 'Add host services'
- click on 'Add dynamic DNS Host' and choose your own dnsname ( example: gbox.dyndns.tv) and add your ip adress. You can check your ip address on this website: http://whatismyipaddress.com
- click now on 'Add host' (you don 't have to fill out the rest of the fields)

2. Installation of gbox

You can download gbox version 2.1b here . Why 2.1b? Because it is the most stable one around.
If you want to use a newer card, like an ArenaTV cryptoworks card, you will have to use a newer version of gbox.
Unzip the files. In the gbox directory you will find three other directories: var_bin, var_keys and var_script.
Use an ftp program like SmartFTP to place the files into the /var/bin, the /var/keys and the /var/script directory on your dreambox.
Now change the permissions of the files located in the /var/bin an /var/script directories to 755 using SmartFTP (right click on the file and choose CHMOD and set the value to 755).

In images like PLI you will not find a /var/script directory. You have to download the startscript for gbox in the dowload menu of PLI.

3. Configuration of gbox and router

- edit gbox_cfg:

You can find gbox_cfg in the /var/keys directory of your dreambox.
Change the three ip addresses to the internal ip address of your dreambox.
In the example the ip address of the dreambox in the network is 192.168.1.10

# Trace/Debug
# xx yz ; xx=00 no konsole output
# xx yz ; xx=01 konsole output
# xx yz ; y=0 debug output (don´t use)
# xx yz ; y=1 no debug output
# xx yz ; z=0 ouput to konsole
# xx yz ; z=1 output to /var/tmp/debug.txt
# xx yz ; z=2 Output to UDP (to capture with gboxt)
Z: { 01 10 } 192.168.1.10 8024

On Screen Display for the Multysystemcam on com1/com2
# 00 No OSD (default)
# 01 display Smartcard messages in Neutrino
# 02 display Smartcard messages in Neutrino new nhttpd format
# 03 display Smartcard messages in Enigma
O: { 01 } 192.168.1.10

# Logger and NET-mode UDP port Init
# 00 do not init UDP port
# 01 Init UDP port for IP, port, UDP
L: { 01 } 192.168.1.10 8017

- edit cwshare.cfg

In this file you put your 'peers' or your D lines.

example:

M: { your-dyndns-address { your-password }}
D: { share-partner-dyndns-address { 2000 2001 { share-partner-password { A3 A3 }}}}
N: { 01 01 03 28 5000 7000 }
X: { 09 }
I: { 03 }

You have to replace:

- 'your-dyndns-address' by 'gbox.dyndns.tv'
- 'your-password' by a self chosen password. This password must be 8 characters long and can exist out of 0123456789ABCDE.
- 'share-partner-dyndns-address' by the dyndns or no-ip address of your share friend/partner
- 'share-partner-password' by the password of your share friend/partner

The value 2000 is your gbox port. You can choose also another value.
The value 2001 is the gbox port that your share partner is using.

The best way is to use the same gbox port in every D line you add, because gbox is then working the most stable.

This port (2000 in this example) you have to open/forward in your router to the ip number of your dreambox. Check the manual of your router how to do this.

Keep in mind that gbox is using the UDP protocol and not TCP, like FTP, telnet or SSh are doing.

Just select and activate gbox in your softcam menu of your image and enjoy it!

PS: a little word about inadyn: in most images you can download ans install it from the download menu. Fill out your login, password and update time (in milliseconds). 60000 ms is a good value.