Ftp Fail

Reptile1

Registered
Hi, I can't seem to get a connection either via my wi-fi or Lan to ftp files etc. Can anyone tell me do you need the rs323 connected at the same time to Ftp. I have been using all the same settings as my DM7000 and this seems the only solution. Unless anyone knows otherwise? Answers greatly received!:clapping:

quanwen

Registered
should work without the rs232. check all the ip addresses etc and the password (qboxabox) if you´re using dcc to ftp. i had a few problems with the wifi but got it working after selecting the encryption type, adding the key and then clicking dchp.

Reptile1

Registered
Hi quanwen,

Hope you mean (qboxqbox) ? Yes I have tried with all correct ip's but no joy. I now put it down to a ethernet switch which works fine with my dreambox but just guessing my qbox don't like it! I'll try it direct from the hub..see if that does the trick. So where do you put the key and encryption type for the wifi please.
Thanks again for your help.

Oh and what image you using?

quanwen

Registered
yep, i meant qboxqbox, sorry about that.
i´m using Q-active Prolific8 imagine. it´s a bit unrefined looking but i think at the moment it´s better than the sifteam image.
to enter the wifi key press the blue button, then qbox manager, configure wifi, press the yellow button to select the encryption type and the up/down arrows to enter the letter/numbers for the key. press ok at the end when you´ve finished entering the key.
hope that helps...

Reptile1

Registered
Hey Quanwen,

Just to let you know I got it up and running, I didn't seem to like the Ip I was using changed it to .65 at the end and bingo. Thanks for all you help with that one.:clapping:

I have used the Q-active Prolific8 imagine also along with the latest UW then I Ftp'd the latest Bin and bingo. I am still a little unsure what is happening and which cam is being used etc, as it seems to take a while to clear sometimes ( any advice welcome). It also crashes now and then and I have to do a total reboot. Apart from that I am now clearing a lot more than my DM7000 so :thum:

Cheers.

quanwen

Registered
good to hear you´ve got everything up and running.
yeah, it´s not obvious which emu is being used - there´s nothing in the osd. when changing emu you can sometimes see the image shudder - means the cam is kicking in. it takes a few seconds
i haven´t had any problems with crashes but i´m not using the qbox so much at the moment. this box is still in it´s early stages so i guess there´s still a lot to sort out. it´s a good box though and i think the potential is there. enjoy!:thum: