Sata Hdd

VicCashes

Registered
Hi everyone,

i've read that it is possible to build in a 2.5" SATA Hdd in the UFS 910. Have anyone do this and can post some comments?

Last edited:

hboris

Registered
I seen that procedure somewhere on the net. You must sweat SATA conector on receiver`s motherboard and so you automatically lose warranty.

megatkathi

Registered
Hi VicCashes!

i have done it with a professional Sata installing kit, buyed by link removed also you can find it on ebay link removed

they have a great manual with lots of pictures and the work was easy.

i use a 2,5" fujitsu 500gb disk and it works perfect. They have also a SATA-Boot dongle so you need no memory stick to activate the Sata interface.

syntaxer

Registered
it's not that problem to solder the sata connector to the motherboard, on some older hardware revisions the sata connector is already mounted.

gudjng

Registered
Can anyone please tell me what this is for our Kati?

hxxp://cgi.ebay.de/SATA-aktivierungs-Dongle-fuer-Kathrein-UFS-910-NEU_W0QQitemZ300302372638QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_TV_Receiver?hash=item300302372638&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Pirmas

Registered
Can anyone please tell me what this is for our Kati?

hxxp://cgi.ebay.de/SATA-aktivierungs-Dongle-fuer-Kathrein-UFS-910-NEU_W0QQitemZ300302372638QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_TV_Receiver?hash=item300302372638&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

SATA-Boot dongle so you need no memory stick to activate the Sata interface

loor

Registered
You can use also 1 pen drive to activate internal SATA HD. If you wanna use HD on Kathrein firware, format HDD in Fat32 on control panel and bypass pendrive.

loor

Registered
If you dont' plug one external device usb, kathrein can't mount internal sata hd, ergo ....

trtr

Registered
Hi VicCashes!

i have done it with a professional Sata installing kit, buyed by Klick also you can find it on ebay Klick

they have a great manual with lots of pictures and the work was easy.

i use a 2,5" fujitsu 500gb disk and it works perfect. They have also a SATA-Boot dongle so you need no memory stick to activate the Sata interface.

Hi megatkathi

Which model of fujitsu hdd do you use, part number?

Thanks

trtr

Registered
Anyone know which SATA 2,5 HDDs are working in UFS 910?

I have tried following and they are not recognized by the box:
Western Digital 500GB WD5000BEVT
Hitachi Travelstar 160GB HTS722016K9SA00

vasia_007

Registered
i guess any hdd would work, you just need to use usb stick/dongle if you use original software, or if you use e2 image then it's should work just fine without stick/dongle.

trtr

Registered
i guess any hdd would work, you just need to use usb stick/dongle if you use original software, or if you use e2 image then it's should work just fine without stick/dongle.

Hi
I use the dongle from pres.at
Tried both original and e2