Freeze on playback

Ghooler

Registered
Hello,

I have a problem for which i cannot find a solution. I am using an IPbox 900 with a samsung hard drive. When I start a recording it is fine, no error message. But the box freezes and goes panic every time I try to playback the recordings.

- I tried USB or SATA, same thing
- I tried another HDD, same thing
- changed image, same thing
- formatted the HDD with the box, same thing
- formatted it on the PC before use, worked for the day, the... same thing :confused:

all I noticed is that timeshifting works fine, so I guess it is not a problem with the harddrive, isn't???

I can also download the records to the PC through the webinterface and play them, no problem here.

So it seems that the only problem is when the box tries to play directly from the harddrive.

Anyone already met that kind of problem? Any ideas before i goes crazy??

arken

Registered
Dont worry - is not your box or hard drive, I have the exact same problem. This kind of problems appeared after upgrading to the latest version with divx support, i think it is a skin related. You may try few things:
1. Downgrade to v.8107 (it was stable for me)
2. Check your samsung HDD jumper settings - most of them have jumpers to force sata 1 mode required to work properly with ipbox
3. Just wait few days (i hope) for official Enigma image from ABcom - it will probably resolve all issues so far.

Regards

Ghooler

Registered
Thanks Arken,

I already checked the SATA1/2 issue, it's not the problem..

Since i dont't need divx player, i think i'll try downgrading to older image, at least till enigma is released

thanks again :)

Ghooler

Registered
Hey

Right now I am using nlb8421, It's running ok with the hard drive but I am not using Divx player