SifTeam-0.1.8 r8314

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Based on "OFFICIAL" SVN revision r8314.
Your database will be reset, if download this version.

*** NO KEY-EMU INSIDE ***

*From 0.1.8:
Added more change in script.

Old attachment removed to preserve space

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Pretty annoying bug with adjusting the positioner on every zap even with channels on same satellite.
It is as if these guys don't do any beta testing at all.
Last release had that big bug with changing audio and now this. It is not really small things that can sneak by anyone.
I'd rather we wait few more days then have to flash these buggy images. :mad:
And I am not referring to Sifteam, but dgstation.

Bacardi

Registered
whilst i would agree with, i am just glad that they are releasing new firmware so frequently, and with new featutres. I am quite happy to wait using a old firmware whilst they sort the bugs, knowing good things will be with me soon

Branta

Pretty annoying bug with adjusting the positioner on every zap even with channels on same satellite.

I think that bug came in with R8264 or before. Also if the dish really does need to move then we seem to have lost the concept of waiting for it to get there before abandoning the attempt to tune the channel.

Even more annoying they messed up the tuner priority arrangements (at least for the "separate LNBs" case). Now the priority can't be adjusted if "separate" is chosen. It can be changed by selecting "loopthrough", and then selecting back to "separate", but the meaning is reversed from before (R7932 for example).

For anyone who doesn't use two dishes I'll explain why priority is important in the "separate" case. I have a fixed dish on tuner one, and a motorised dish on tuner 2. When I select a station that can be received on either dish I really want it to use tuner 1. That way the next choice of channel (e.g. a second recording) can be any station on any satellite. Otherwise the second recording can fail unnecessarily if the stupid box chose to use the motorised dish when the fixed dish was suitable.

Branta

Even more annoying they messed up the tuner priority arrangements

The problem is not as simple as I described above (i.e. much worse !). The box started to prefer tuner 2 once again, swapping the priority back to T1 seemed to fix it but only until the box went through standby, then the channel I had been watching on tuner 1 was now tuned on tuner 2.

This is a real problem, last night I started a recording with the record button, then was forbidden from watching anything else I wanted to watch, because the recording was from tuner 2 (tuner 1 would have been fine). So much for the luxury of twin tuners.

The only ways I can find to force it to tune a channel on tuner 1 are to start a recording on tuner 2 first, or else to fiddle around with the PIP (and I found that doesn't work as well as it did !).

For now I'm going to try the ABcom firmware, to see if it is as reliable as I used to think it was.