Tf7700hsci + Hdd Problem

Benjamin

Registered
I am using latest TF7700HSCI firmware with USB PVR Ready (23222)(from July 30, 2008) + WD500Gbite HDD connected through USB interface.But I always have problem with recording: when starting receiver it begins checking files & folders .... and often write: File ERROR. Can any one advise what is the reason of that issue.... HDD or TF7700HSCI firmware???

Last edited:

kissik

Registered
I have WD Mybook, and also had problem to connect it via usb. I've checked the disk on my PC and deleted some temporary files. So my oppinion that on same cases (power failure, or ??) this temp files not deleted automaticaly can cause the problem. After it was working again. My son also want to backup about 12000 files (mp3...) on this drive, but it takes about 15 minutes to connect the drive (checking files & folders). Finaly I deleted them and fast connection again.

dxdy

VIP
i have Seagate FreeAgent Pro 500GB USB disk and after few month use i can say this:

- dont use disk without external power
- use only one partition on disk
- format disk only from topfield menu
- after recording move files to folders!!!! this is important!!! dont leave files in root
- sometimes check disk via computer and delete old temp files in root (sometimes topfield not delete this files and this can be problems)