Questions about Abcom IP 900C

hajj_3

Registered
Hi, I currently have a dreambox 600c and use cli-ur image. I stream tv to my pc to a .ts file using wingrab zapit edition which works perfectly.

I'm wanting to upgrade to a ip 900c as it can do HD, im wanting to get BBCHD on cable, what images support the 900/9000c, are they enigma images? Is there any software out that can stream the video to a .ts on the pc rather than use vlc to watch it as i'll want to encode some as x264 files for archiving on my pc.

Also how are the cams and stuff as i tested a dreambox 800c but it crashed within 30mins on BBCHD, think because the latest mgcamd 1.30 was at fault rather than the cpu overheating and the enigma2 web interface is very poor, it can do hardly any of what the enigma1 in cli-ur image can do.

Hope some kind person could help, thanks alot.

Last edited:

tracermut

Registered
900c

BBc hd should not crash free to air, no need for any cam (mgdcam 1.30) very poor for uk cable use older evocamd more stable.( not sure if ported to dreambox yet but for uk Hypercam by far the most stable )

Last edited:

Bacardi

Registered
bbc hd is not fta on uk cable, i have cable running fine with the latest images nlb and sifteam, it has not crashed. i would like to configure the card reader to read a nagra card, as the images for the 9000 are not au yet

hajj_3

Registered
yeah, bbchd isnt free to air, i tried a dreambox 800c and had to use mgcamd1.30 but the cam is bugging and made the box crash within 30mins of recording and it couldnt stream the video as a .ts file to the pc so i returned it for a refund. I tried cli-ur image btw.

This is why i want a IP 900C so i can get all pay channels like the dm800hd and bbchd but i need to be able to stream the video to pc as a .ts file using wingrab zapit or similar application. Hope someone can let me know if this is possible.

Bacardi: can you not manually send patched roms via ftp to the box so that it is AU patched? This is what i do on my 600c and it updates itself and has done perfectly for last 2months or so.

Bacardi

Registered
i have tried my card in a dragon and a trex and it worked. however the picture did glitch, i am not sure why that was. i did try it in my diablo and could not get a pepp out of it.

tracermut

Registered
BBC HD IS FREE TO AIR, dont know where you get this from all bbc services are free, dont have 800 here to test ( thank god ) but ip900hd/9000 no probs on 6952 symbol rate frq 131000, stay away from evo cam ( error log proves this is a bad port for cable but mgcam 1.3d now very stable for all uk cable just waiting for hyper cam and all will be great ) (( look at thread name 900c CABLE not sat ))

Last edited:

bazinshine

Registered
will back that up,,, bbchd is defo FTA,,, where do you think all our license fees go?,,,,,
nah do know some ppl need to have roms but not keys, but thats a box problem,, channel is defo FTA!.. you can see fine with ip900 or ip9000,, cant test 800 as also dont have one

hajj_3

Registered
is there a web interface on the ipbox 900c? i'd like to be able to stream tv to my pc to a .ts file and schedule recordings via pc too.

thanks.

tracermut

Registered
Yeah, best webif for recording would be DG'S own, for recording, abcom based images mainly based around systems tools and cams, as for streaming to pc, not to sure never had the need yet seen in another post beta codex for windows to allow recoreded files to be played then should be possible using codec and timeshit ( i think lol ) hope that helped.