JTAG Vantage 7100 ???

barret

Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to JTAG a Vantage 7100?

Hello Viking61
I've read some of your past post on your acquisition of the Vantage 7100. You mentioned picking up a used unit that was stuck in the loading mode and you were trying to get a bootloader or power supply. I had the exact same problem and tried to get access to a bootloader to Jtag the unit but had no luck.There is a Jtag interface on the main board. I've tagged many Pansats and am convinced that is what the Vantage needed. No luck locating a power supply. No response from the company either. I spoke with a power supply repair facility here in the States and was very close to sending it out for testing and repair but decided to send the unit back to DVBShop for warranty service instead. Well that was 9 weeks ago. I still don't have the unit back. DVBShop has reassured me that I will receive it when they get it back from Vantage. I sure hope so.

Last edited:

Viking61

Registered
I did get an extra power supply from Vantage, but it seems like that was not the cause of my receiver being stuck on Loading. I think it's the bootloader that is f..ked up, so maybe I can correct it with jtag.

Did you open your box and look for a jtag interface? Where is it located on the mainboard?

Viking61

Registered
I spoke with a power supply repair facility here in the States and was very close to sending it out for testing and repair but decided to send the unit back to DVBShop for warranty service instead.
Regarding the power supply. On a german website, I found this post which specifies what is wrong with some of the power supplies:
Hallo Mädels,

nachdem ich Euch ja schon zu Humax 5400-Zeiten Tipps zum Netzteil nicht vorenthalten wollte, habe ich mich 'mal mit dem 7100er-Netzteil beschäftigt. Unter Zuhilfenahme eines (bereits durch Vantage ersetzten) Netzteiles im Vergleich zu einem "bösen" Netzteil und einigem "Herumgemesse" mit dem Multimeter und dem Oszi, darf ich Euch folgendes Ergebnis mitteilen:

Offensichtlich hat der Lieferant des Netzteiles (SUNGHO) eine Charge von "schlechten" Optokopplern verbaut, denn genau DIE sind schuld an dem Netzteilproblem!!!
Zu erkennen an einer der Ausgangsspannungen (5,5V), gemessen an R36, die bei steigender Temperatur zu driften beginnt...ich verlier' mich aber jetzt nicht in Details, sondern geb' Euch die Lösung (für Lötkundige):

ALLE Optokoppler mit der Bezeichnung EL817 (DIL4-Gehäuse, insgesamt 3 Stück) auslöten und gegen PC817 (hat der Bastelladen um's Eck, als auch der Conrad) ersetzen. Das ist KEIN Allheilmittel, sondern hilft typisch bei Fehlern wie NICHT-Reagieren der Fernbedienung oder EINFRIEREN der Anzeige am Receiver. THAT'S IT! ;-)

VIEL ERFOLG!

LG
Kampftrinker

What it basically says is that you have to change all the "Optokoppler" (I don't know the english word) named EL817 with another type named PC817. It should be 3 of them.

Last edited: