How can i keep my channels when i Flash?

sander

Registered
Hi,

I am new to the world of Linux receivers, so I made a beginners mistake. I used Flashtools to flash the latest ABcom image r7219.
After the reboot, all my channels and favorites were gone, replaced by a long list of satelite channels. Those are no use to me, since I have the IPbox with only a cable tuner. So I had to rescan and reprogram my favorites.

Now the question is: How can I keep my channels and favorites when I flash ? and maybe some other things, such as the system settings.

Any help will be appriciated :thum:

Sander

Vipersan

Registered
Hi Sander
Download latest Ipbox pceditor (see sticky at top of page)..
With this software installed and your ipbox connected to your pc via network cable ...
set up the ip address of your 9000 box and plus user and password in pceditor ..
You can then download your channel list database to your pc before flashing ..and upload them back to the ipbox after flashing..
rgds

sander

Registered
I live in Holland. I can order the IPbox here with DVB-S, DVB-C, or DVB-T tuners. Mine has a DVB-C in stead of the default DVB-S tuner. I am saving up for a second tuner :)

Sander

MAKBAR

Registered
hi
all tuner working fine in uk
i have bought the box with 2 S2 tuners,c and t tested all, but using S2 and c tuner

Bacardi

Registered
what area you in for your cable? pure, ex c&w telewest etc. Did ou have any problems getting it running?

cheers

sander

Registered
I have cable through Caiway. I had no problems. Just scan et voila: 400 channels (with about 100 FTA)

Football on Nederland 1 HD is looking very sharp :)