DSR9500 Jtag - what could go wrong?

picosie

Registered
I have a DSR9500 running emu7.9 and I'm happy as hell with that :thum:
my aunt (ok, no laughing here ;) ) has also the same model (9500ViaCi) but since it has loader 701 it's not patched.

so far i've convinced her to let me jtag her receiver so she can enjoy watching premium channels too, but she is a bit hesitant (and for that matter me a little bit too) that something may go wrong.

honestly this is my first experience at jtag. i've read all the materials i could find on this forum about jtaing dsr9500. i've downloaded all necessary programs. i've prepared the serial port and necessary resistors, etc.

but since my reputation is at stake!! ;):thum:
and seriously i don't wanna hurt her system, could you guys with more experience tell me what could *possibly* go wrong? and is there a chance of serious damage to her system or her sammy going dead?

thanks for any tips :)

picosie

Registered
i think it's 2004. i bought it four years ago and it was new then.
and no, there is no other letter in it's model. there is
9500 Via Ci written on it's case.

cuorino

Super VIP
I have a DSR9500 running emu7.9 and I'm happy as hell with that :thum:
my aunt (ok, no laughing here ;) ) has also the same model (9500ViaCi) but since it has loader 701 it's not patched.

so far i've convinced her to let me jtag her receiver so she can enjoy watching premium channels too, but she is a bit hesitant (and for that matter me a little bit too) that something may go wrong.

honestly this is my first experience at jtag. i've read all the materials i could find on this forum about jtaing dsr9500. i've downloaded all necessary programs. i've prepared the serial port and necessary resistors, etc.

but since my reputation is at stake!! ;):thum:
and seriously i don't wanna hurt her system, could you guys with more experience tell me what could *possibly* go wrong? and is there a chance of serious damage to her system or her sammy going dead?

thanks for any tips :)

Sammy loader 701 series isn't patchabile, different motherboard.

cuorino

picosie

Registered
wow! if that is true it's very bad news. you mean i can't erase it's flash and then write loader 501 on it and then patch it via serial cable like my own receiver?
from what i've read one of the main reasons people jtag their receiver is to change their loader to 501 so they can patch it.

picosie

Registered
dear oys i think my first answer was a bit naive ;)
here i gathered more detail. as i said on the box there is only written 9500 Via Ci, at the back of the box below serial number is written DSR 9500 Via Ci REV A. and when i opened it, inside (on the motherboard) there is a date (year 2002) and also written 9500ViaCi REV 2.

i don't know what exactly to gather from all this, but i hope this is more accurate to you :)

k@lkov

Super VIP
wow! if that is true it's very bad news. you mean i can't erase it's flash and then write loader 501 on it and then patch it via serial cable like my own receiver?
from what i've read one of the main reasons people jtag their receiver is to change their loader to 501 so they can patch it.

Jtag can help ONLY loader is 505 version.

picosie

Registered
Ok guys. seems there is nothing i can do for her sammy. it's sad news. but thanks anyway for your help.
i think i were very lucky that my own sammy came originally with loader 501.

thanks again :)