What for kind of Serial Cable

prenses

Registered
Hi everyone,

Can someone tells me what for kind of serial cable is requered to flash.

I have now a old Serial Null Modem cable from the past. I've used that one for a Humax receiver.

But with this cable there's no interaction between the receiver and the pc. I've tryed several port settings but nothing works until now. So perhaps I need another type of Serial Null Modem cable?

I hope someone can gave me advise about it, because my new receiver will booting anymore.

Thanks,

Peter Renses

prenses

Registered
Not exist images for serial update.
Use USB cable.

What it means, that I cannot use the functionality for flashing images serial?

I've got a error when I placed my box in the USB update modes. The box gave the error ER 10

prenses

Registered
Update using FlashTools.
For flashing use usb_all_noboot.img.

I have used FlashTools and also used this image.

But the receiver hangs into the "booting" mode.

Now I try to reflash but when I put the receiver in the USB update mode than there after he gaves the error ER 10 in the display.

Perhaps you have another solution to reslove it?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Peter Renses

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
What it means, that I cannot use the functionality for flashing images serial?

I've got a error when I placed my box in the USB update modes. The box gave the error ER 10

ER 10 gives you cos u upload the uboot 1.3.1...now functions will change under this uboot.....

Do this power+ok reciver go on the sleep mode you should see on the display the clock....

after download the image usb_update Abcom image....

run your flashtool program
connect you usb cable

Now just press and hold POWER button only in few second you should see USB UPGRATE

now you can flash your box,,

prenses

Registered
ER 10 gives you cos u upload the uboot 1.3.1...now functions will change under this uboot.....

Do this power+ok reciver go on the sleep mode you should see on the display the clock....

after download the image usb_update Abcom image....

run your flashtool program
connect you usb cable

Now just press and hold POWER button only in few second you should see USB UPGRATE

now you can flash your box,,

Thanks,

It seems positive now, only when I will activate the USB mode I get by the normal procedure also the error ER 10

But by your procedure it will works good, must I follow now always this procedure?

Best regards,

Peter Renses