DSR9500EMVIA died on me (no clock, blank display)

smasher2

Registered
Can't beleive what i've gone and done (again!) with my DSR9500EMVIA!

I tried to upload s/w vers. 133 (had vers 124 before), so that i then could put EMU into the receiver. Although i succeded in putting vers.133 into the reciever, the embedded coax i had has now gone. When i then tried to PUT BACK vers.124 (with c*nax), the receiver could not be turned on properly (when clock shows) with back button.

'9500' shows for just a second, then the display remains black.

Could someone please help me get this DSR9500 working again? I fear that it is not possible, as clock never returns with back button turned off/on.

The receiver ORIGINALLY had loader vers 501, s/w vers. 124 & hardware vers. 504.

PLEASE PLEASE can someone advise me!!

thanks in advance!
regards,
smasher2

i have another dsr9500emvia, but this has loader 500 (not 501, like the one above)...maybe this is why it all went wrong?

dxdy

VIP
after screen go black after 9500 press OK on remote and Standby... now receiver must show Clock (if all OK). now load channel list

if no luck, you must do JTAG

P.S.
original 133 dont have conax, only viaccess

smasher2

Registered
ok, thanks to you both...

loading the channel list again (twice - first time got the clock back), enabled me to put emu rev 7.9 (with conax now back in this version & changing my s/w at the same time to vers.133).

Now all works fine,thanks for the tip....i can't tell how happy this has made me now!!!!
thanks again!!!
best wishes,
smasher2