Tuner quality - low gain ?

Vipersan

Registered
Hi friends ...
Is it just me that thinks a box which cost so much should at least be fitted with a good quality tuner ?
For a week now I've tried to scan in the channels from Nilesat at 7 west..
Im aware that at my location in the uk ...this is considered fringe reception at best and I only ever get vertical transponders and the sig strength is at its best in the evening...but here's the irony..
My Humax HDCI 2000 has no probs scanning the vertical transponders of this sat ..and was less than half the price of the IP box
My S2-3200 HD pci card has no probs either and cost less than a quarter of the price of the 9000
Finally ..my Skystar2 pci card has no problems either ...and cost less than a 1/8th of the price of this 'top of the range' box...
The IP9000 ...however ..doesn't even know there is a satellite at this location ...
...and scans nothing using auto or manual ...
..and I tried both tuners ..just in case...

The tuner also has problems with some of the weaker 'feeds' etc..
btw ..does anyone have a channel list already scanned for Nilesat (usals) ...so I can import it and test without the need to scan..?
rgds

Last edited:

Vipersan

Registered
Thanks for the csv xxxAxxx ...
My gut feeling was correct ....
The problem is not the tuners sensitivity ....but in the fact that for some reason it cannot lock onto weak signals ..and so cannot scan them ..
The csv you provided produced perfect pictures from 11823v on Nilesat ...so Im guessing the way the channels are scanned could perhaps be modified by the firmware producers to allow those weaker channels ...
Or indeed the channel list could be asembled by hand to force the box to open them ..
I appreciate the csv you provided but many of the transponders appeared to be missing ...
..including some of the showtime channels ..
such as 11784v 11860v 11975v etc ..
Is there any chance you could help me out with a full scan ?
rgds
VS

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
11862 V
---------------------------------------
E! - Show Comedy Extra
JimJam/Extreme Sports - ShowShasha
ShowShasha Extra
Disney Channel
ShowKids
City 7 TV
Al Waha -
Nojoom 3
TXT
Chatcom
Showtime Today promo

------------------------------------

11785 V

Music Plus
Dubai One
Dubai Sports Channel
Sama Dubai
Dubai TV
Sharjah TV
Space Toon 1
Nojoom
CNBC Arabiya
Alsharqiya TV
Dubai Sports Channel 3

most of them all ready in the db fuile make a search you will find...but this mather of test cos i have the showtime card and i dont realy look at the dubai sport 3 or other channel...lather on i can scan and will upload here...

psykix

Registered
Why don't you download the Nilesat channel list from SatcoDX and then import it into PCEditor and upload that way?

Vipersan

Registered
Hi Psykix ...
I'll be honest ..I never used satcodx ...as I always found the layout a bit ott compared to lyngsat ..
I also thought the the ability to download lists from satco was a subscription service ..
but I'll take a look
rgds

MAKBAR

Registered
7w

hi all

iam having same problem on 7w.

1. how would i convert csv file to dat so i can put on 9000hd
2. how you import file from satcodx.

i have tried the pceditor 1.2.46beta8 but i dont get import function.

i thank u in advance.

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
same times import ok same times no export the same ,,,editor after export or import will close by it self ,,,,,,,still there are bugs but they sayin from the offical image will see there's a new version coming up soon...

MAKBAR

Registered
7w

hi viper

how did you sort your problem with given csv.

thank you xx for your reply.

Vipersan

Registered
Hi Makbar...
connect to your box and download you channel list by ftp..
from the drop down menus on pceditor select 'import from csv' ..
..point to the provided csv ...and enter ..
the channels from Nilesat should be automatically included into your channel list ..
upload new list to box ...and re-boot the box ..
You should now see the nilesat channels in your list ..
Don't forget to 'activate' the sat at 7west under 'usals' menu on your box..
rgds