ITV HD is it possible ?

Vipersan

Registered
Hi friends..
I suspect this has probably been discussed already ...and I have already attempted to get this 'data' stream channel on my 9000 ..
I figured it was likely to be possible with just a simple channel data edit after scanning it in ..
A scan of the transponder identifies the channel only as a number ..and the sound is evidently there ..but without video..
I know its claimed that the video is H222 not H264 ..but I have been able to get a picture on my Humax HDCI2000 ..so I suspect this might well be misleading..
I've also had both sound and picture on my S2-3200 pci card ..with this data :-
[Channel0]
TunerType=1
Frequency=11428
Polarity=h
Symbolrate=27500
FEC=1 (2/3)
APID=3402
**********eng
VPID=3401
PMTPID=3400
PCRPID=3401
AC3=17
TelePID=0
SID=10510
StreamID=2315
NetworkID=2
LNB-Selection=0
LNB=9750
DiseqC=6
Root=Astra 28° E
Name=ITV HD
Category=BSkyB
Encrypted=26
SatModulation=0
Group=1
AudioChannel=0
..but the channel editor I've downloaded for the IP9000 does not allow for PID editing - post scan ..

Any thoughts ?
rgds 2 all

Vipersan

Registered
Thanks for replying so quickly xxxAxxx ..
Could you please elaborate ?
Im totally new to Linux based boxes so am a complete novice in this area ..
I will learn ;) ..but it will take some time ..
rgds

Vipersan

Registered
Thanks for the link ..
Does the editor run ok on vista ?

I'll do as you suggest ...but as I've only had my box for a day ...I've not completed scanning all satellites and channels into it as yet ...
Can I just send the db file for astra 28 to be modified ..then merge it with the main channel list later ?..
If not possible...I'll wait until my scan of all the sats is complete ..
rgds

Gsxr

Registered
Is it possible to share the dat file when finished
i am also new to this and have just got this box today

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
yes he send me takes only few minutes to do ...then he will tested..then you can have it to ..i dont see any problem with this..

Vipersan

Registered
Many thanx xxxAxxx
.db uploaded
rgds

also ..please ignore diseqc settings from the S2-3200 dvb viewer settings provided earlier ...as the IPbox is on usals ..
rgds

Last edited:

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
go on any other channel and go back to ITV HD again..and also tell me what image are you useing???i guess nlb image??

Vipersan

Registered
Thanks for your help xxxAxxx ...sadly still no picture only audio..
below is some extra info regarding how dvbviewer with an s2 card handles the stream just in case it may help:-
'In DVBViewer GE channel auto update must be switched off, otherwise the video type will be changed to MPEG2. Or set the Service ID to 0, in order to prevent DVBViewer GE from finding the PMT.

'For recording ITV HD the Service ID and PMT Pid must be set to 0 in the channellist (both in DVBViewer GE and DVBViewer Pro), in order to prevent DVBViewer from including the PMT (Program Map Table).

Otherwise the file will be played without video, since the video stream appears as private stream in the PMT, thus deceiving the file analysis. Without PMT, DVBViewer finds (and accepts) the video stream in the file. Other players most likely won't
********>

Gsxr

Registered
Image release: NLB-6844v3
Prepared by : pen1010b
Release date : May 20. 2008

audio but no video not sure if audio is correct stream

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
Thanks for your help xxxAxxx ...sadly still no picture only audio..
below is some extra info regarding how dvbviewer with an s2 card handles the stream just in case it may help:-
'In DVBViewer GE channel auto update must be switched off, otherwise the video type will be changed to MPEG2. Or set the Service ID to 0, in order to prevent DVBViewer GE from finding the PMT.

'For recording ITV HD the Service ID and PMT Pid must be set to 0 in the channellist (both in DVBViewer GE and DVBViewer Pro), in order to prevent DVBViewer from including the PMT (Program Map Table).

Otherwise the file will be played without video, since the video stream appears as private stream in the PMT, thus deceiving the file analysis. Without PMT, DVBViewer finds (and accepts) the video stream in the file. Other players most likely won't
********>

it's read the true pmt if you make it 0 will not get any think...

now can you try this pls...

in the menu go on channel search .....
and select the manual
select the EuroBird (28.5E) sat
set the Tp 11426

now go down from the options see the polarity set to 2/3
and
set to DVBs2
and the

QPSK 8

and hit the blue button on your remote