JUst ordered my kathy

xalaros

Registered
well i just ordered a kathrein 910
I am looking for some help on setting up a cccam or gbox server on my pc(i've got ubuntu hardy)
and an emu on kathy so i can share my nova card on my two receivers.
Also since i want to use my pc as server is there a usb/serial card reader that can read my irtedo 2 card in ubuntu and share it with cccam or gbox??

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You could use newcs to read your card on pc and then connect mgcamd on your kathi running in newcamd client mode to the card.
Or you could read your card with gbox on your pc and then connect mgcamd running in gbox client mode to your card.

In any case cccam and gbox don't have sh4 versions and you can't run them on your kathrein. But mgcamd fortunatley can act as gbox client so not having gbox is not that much of a loss.

xalaros

Registered
thanks for answering i will check newcs and newcamd out.
By the way what usb/serial card reader should i get, i want it to be compatible with ubuntu as well.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Can't really tell you which one exactly you should get. But you should be looking for something simple. That doesn't need any additional software so you want be stuck when it turns out they don't have linux support. Something that uses rs232 cable, works in phoenix mode, and supports both 3.57mhz and 6mhz. There is some that meet the criteria and cost like 15EUR.