Seeking more help

barret

Registered
I don't know if this can be done? I would like to be able to stream or record the video from the vantage 7100 hd to VLC so that I can view some satellite feeds that are coming through in 4:2:2 video. The Vantage will give me audio but no video. If there was a way to get the video to the computer internal drive and saved as a file I think they could be opened with VLC and watched? Does this sound right? Any information at all would be helpful to me.

Thank you
Chris

Viking61

Registered
According to the specifications it should be possible to stream from the Vantage tuner to your PC. If you get the audio, then I suppose you are halfway there.

I suppose you need a special codec to view the stream. I have seen this software and codec recommended on a Hyro forum:
hxxp://www.relook.nu/Hyro_HD9000/mpc2kxp6490.zip
hxxp://www.relook.nu/Hyro_HD9000/XPCodecPack-2.3.4.rar
Maybe this is just to view Vantage recordings on your PC. I have never tested it. If you want, take a look at it and see if it helps you on the way.

barret

Registered
Viking 61
Thank You for the quick response. I will check out your links. Its a starting place. I hope I understand everything? I see on this forum people are using hydro firmware for the vantage. Is it better or are they ahead of Vantage on upgrades?

Chris
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK I checked and this is what I already have installed. These are the 4:2:2 codecs and Media Player Classic. What I need to figure out is can I view a live stream or do I need to recored everything to the Hard drive first and watch it after. Would I use the sata or usb connections and can I hook directly to the computer or does the Vantage only support external drives?

Last edited:

Viking61

Registered
You said in your original post that "The Vantage will give me audio but no video". Was this streaming or playback of recorded material?

barret

Registered
You said in your original post that "The Vantage will give me audio but no video". Was this streaming or playback of recorded material?

This is during normal tv viewing not recorded video. It is only with channels that tune with 4:2:2 instead of the normal 4:2:0 video. The Vantage like many other receivers won't decode the 4:2:2 video format. The only FTA receiver known that does is the QualiTV FTA receiver. The actual channel is tuned and playing but the picture won't show. I tune a lot of sport feeds from the NBA and NHL etc and most are in 4:2:2 now.

barret

Registered

This is during normal tv viewing not recorded video. It is only with channels that tune with 4:2:2 instead of the normal 4:2:0 video. The Vantage like many other receivers won't decode the 4:2:2 video format. The only FTA receiver known that does is the QualiTV receiver. The actual channel is tuned and playing but the picture won't show. I tune a lot of sport feeds from the NBA and NHL etc and most are in 4:2:2 now.

elmer

Registered
My Vantage is no good, the tuner is locking 2-3 times every day. I`m using the latest software.
Help wanted !