Signal strengh, looking for a firmware solution

jhonns

Registered
Hi,

I already understand that neotion 501 firmware is not opensource, so is very difficult to achieve what i want:

-i make a lot of antenna testing, which some of them dont have enough gain to receive minimum signal required to watch channel´s, i was using an old receiver Sagem that the signal strengh begin in 12%..this means if the antenna is "weaker" for minimum reception, the receiver showed me 20/30/40% of signal.

Unfourtuannally the Neotion 501 only show signal strengh when the antenna have enough gain to "see" a channel..it jumps from 0% to 50/60%.

Is there any firmware that accomplishes what i´m looking for? or maybe a Winclip version with this feature?

Thanks.

Last edited:

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
in order 2 watch a channel using NB 501u need a stregnth of minimum 40% ( sometimes 37 %). and u r right, the box jump directly from 0 to 34 % .

Ico2005

Registered
Had this situation few times. I don't know what is this, but switched NB from power and 2-3 times turn of-on on remote and it was OK then. And this is happening only on one sattelite ( i have astra and HB) and second sat was OK. Signal came to 75-80% and starting to falling down to 0%. And starts again. 80 to 0. Also, this is happening only during summer (very hot temperatures). Maybe this will help you, but really i don't know reason why is this happens. Maybe switch, maybe reciver, who knows. Try to connect on this dish some other reciver and eliminate error: is it error on reciver, or on dish and his element.

jhonns

Registered
Had this situation few times. I don't know what is this, but switched NB from power and 2-3 times turn of-on on remote and it was OK then. And this is happening only on one sattelite ( i have astra and HB) and second sat was OK. Signal came to 75-80% and starting to falling down to 0%. And starts again. 80 to 0. Also, this is happening only during summer (very hot temperatures). Maybe this will help you, but really i don't know reason why is this happens. Maybe switch, maybe reciver, who knows. Try to connect on this dish some other reciver and eliminate error: is it error on reciver, or on dish and his element.

Thanks..but i dont have problems with the receiver.

I design antennas and i which to use Neotion 501 for testing the antennas..but i prefer to build a smaller antenna and see if have any signal variation (The old Sagem that i previously used show variatons at begin of 12%, when the minimum signal to watch a channel is 45%).. but Neotion or like many other receivers, it only show the signal strengh/quality, when the receiver have the minimum signal to see a channel.

I dont design antennas to earn money, just for fun:)

jhonns

Registered
sorry for the "dump"..

I found this FastSatFinder software. Using usb module..NB 501 works with this software?

anyone with the USB module, if you can try..i´ll appreciate very much...

lonelyboy

Registered
i have the same problem with nb601 i turn off one LNB power and now only 2 sat works fine but when i turn on power of the third LNB sat the signal problem come again
do you think that the problem is from receiver or from diseqc?

lonelyboy

Registered
my nb601 is ok now i found out the cause it was the cable which comes from dish i exchange it and it works fine now

lonelyboy

Registered
hello everyone

actually i know the cause of signal problem in nb601 and also nb501 it was the Diseqc which was made in china!! i use Goldstar Diceqc which is made in sweden original one and now i am very happy with the signal and no more signal problem:thum: