N*S- Nagravision WAR Hack

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
During the recent European Black Hat conference in Amsterdam, Christopher Tarnovsky revealed how he hacked Nagravision smartcards. He's accused of being recruited by N*S, to hack the Nagravision encryption & to publish the encryption on the Internet.

N*S Group, the Israeli-based company responsible for making the smartcards that secure Rupert Murdoch's global satellite network (Sky UK/Italia for example) is facing a $US1 billion damages claim over allegations it operated a worldwide conspiracy to leak the trade secrets of rivals & clients, as reported 2 months ago.

During the Black Hat conference in Amsterdam Christopher Tarnovsky revealed it's "autopsy" technique to literary open smartcard chips. It's a quite interesting technique to physically hack chips this way & a Microsoft technician was asking him, if he would hack the Xbox 360 Game console with this technique. Christopher Tarnovsky replied; "I have been offered 100,000 US$ for the break, but I replied that it was not enough."

He started his own company, Flylogic. On the companies blog you can see yourself how it's possible to hack certain smartcard chips.

You can read a translated article about the conference here, which was published on a Swiss newspaper website.
--------------------------------------------
Kudelski lose his trial," said the man who hacked his smart cards

Employed by N*S

The American 39-year-old is accused of having been recruited by the Israeli company ***, a competitor of Kudeslki, for breaking and publish on the Internet the safety codes of Canal Plus in 1999 and then repeating the operation at the expense of the group Vaud and its customers. The dissemination of codes had enabled hundreds of thousands of small malignant access to encrypted programmes without paying subscription.

The American Echostar satellite platform, which uses maps Kudelski (KUD.VX) to protect its contents, said she had lost hundreds of millions of dollars due to piracy and called for a billion dollars in compensation from N*S, a subsidiary of media group News Corp.

During the month of April, Christopher Tarnovsky testify in a court in California to defend N*S, which has employed for ten years, since 1997. According to him, Kudelski and Echostar have invented from scratch, the plot of which they claim to be victims to mask the weakness of their encryption.

In his view, the lawsuit against N*S is an attempt to racketeering. "Of course I broke cards Kudelski, he begins annoyed. I was paid by N*S to do so. It's an activity that leads all companies in the sector. But why would I published these codes for free on the Net? I am not stupid, and I never had the intention to take that risk. "

Became a bulky, Tarnovsky no longer works for the group over the past year. He launched his independent company, Flylogic, through which it puts its know-how available to consumer electronics manufacturers to test the strength of their products face of the onslaught of pirated before they are put on the market.

Christopher Tarnovsky detailing the fragility of the system based on these chips designed by a handful of companies, such as Motorola (MOT) and Infinenon, which are used in products as diverse as remote garage, alarm systems and car decoders TV.

"Inviolables? Wrong! "

"Manufacturers of semiconductors claim that their chips are inviolable. Companies that integrate them into their products rely on the specifications provided to them. They think that their secrets will be well guarded. That is not true, of course. "

And to submit photos of his laboratory, fitted with equipment used for a few thousand dollars. At the centre, a powerful Zeiss microscope to enter the heart of the chip which are hidden the precious codes. The successive layers of silicon are revealed with acids and lasers.

The engineer then explained how he took control of the map by bypassing an at its protections with long microscopic needles. Within minutes for the weakest, a few hours for the best-designed, the contents of the card sells 9 times out of 10 these assaults. Flylogic Operation bill in the $ 30000 ".

Upon questions, a voice is raised in the back of the room. An engineer from Microsoft (MSFT) is concerned: "Have you looked at our processor game console Xbox360?". "I have been offered 100000 dollars for the break, Tarnovsky said. But I replied that it was not enough. "
---------------------------end-------------------------
nobody is save he he ---->look at the microsoft ...what they ask...