which HDTV receiver to buy ?

darklord06

Registered
hello,

After having worked flawlessly for 6 years my dreambox 500-s has fried, so I am now thinking about getting an mpeg2/MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 receiver but I really don't know which one to chose, basically I would need one with an ethernet socket (USB if not) and one that would also work with the most easily findable softcams.
for the moment I am a bit intersted in the Humax HDCI-2000 Receiver but i don' know if it is any good, would it be a pain to find softcams for that one ? wich HDTV receiver do you remember ? (I would need a relatively cheap one)

thank you !

darklord06

Registered
I have also forgot to add that i am searching for a receiver that would also broadcast the stream so that I could watch tv on my PC with VLC using my home network, like I used to do with my dreambox

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well hate to admit it since I'd like to see more competition on the market, but best option would probably be dreambox 800.
Not available yet, but will be very soon.

darklord06

Registered
thank you again for the info, I am now hesitating between a IPBOX 250 (dreambox 600 clone) and a triple dragon, the triple dragon doesn't have that much options compared to the dreambox 600 does it not ?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
thank you again for the info, I am now hesitating between a IPBOX 250 (dreambox 600 clone) and a triple dragon, the triple dragon doesn't have that much options compared to the dreambox 600 does it not ?

Well if you are looking for hdtv receiver none of those is hdtv capable.
Ipbox 250 doesn't have anything to do with dm600. And out those 3 dreambox 600 has best support.