Vantage 7100hd stuck in boot mode?

PANDAMAN

Registered
I have accidentally downloaded via usb stick the incorrect software into the box,subsequently the box attempted to do a reboot and is now showing "booting" in the display. The only way to switch the box off is by the switch on the rear of the box.
Anyone have an idea how to get out of boot mode? or is it a return to germany ?

barret

Registered
Pandaman
I can give you this info to try. Usually when the receiver is stuck in the boot mode it indicates that all memory data is lost but the boot data is still alive. I have not tried this on a Vantge but have on other units. You will need to load the latest factory firmware through your PC and using the bootloader and RS232 cable.
Open bootloader select latest firmware
Method 1
Power off vantage from rear switch than on and within a few seconds when seeing boot try to download file

Method2
If doesn't work try powering off from rear switch and start download from PC first than power up receiver from rear switch.

okkkkk

Registered
[/QUOTE]
Method 1
Power off vantage from rear switch than on and within a few seconds when seeing boot try to download file

Method2
If doesn't work try powering off from rear switch and start download from PC first than power up receiver from rear switch. [/QUOTE]

Please everybody . ! !

My vantage 7100 has the same problem . When I turn it on the display says ---Loading--- and it does nothing. I must turn it off only by pushing the Power button behind the STB . The only chance for my 7100s to work is when I wait 4 hours at least. and then turn the general power ON.
I used method 2 and managed to a load an original firmware, but the problem remains.

Any ideas???

groont

Registered
Halo, i have new Vantage 7100 TS and its somethig wrong, i thing so. When i turned on with remote, on display its booting, and then Welcome. Its that normaly (no loading but booting), or its somethihg wrong. I put new emu software with usb stick. With rs 232 no working, i have cabel 2-3, 3-2, 5-5, but on pc its message "timeshift error". Please help. P.S. Sorry on bad english.

barret

Registered
Everything is OK. Watch the display very closely when first turning on. Sometimes "loading" is displayed very fast then "booting" then welcome.

groont

Registered
Thanks! I am very happy for your answer. And one more question; Receiver its very hot when working. Thats OK? And its good RS 232 cable conected 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 or must be diferent?