Echolink el 3020 problem

kovy27

Registered
Hello,

I have a new echolink 3020, ALI 3329B. All of a sudden, after 3 weeks of operation, it began a few seconds after the starting to freezes and stops. No movement with a remote control was possible in the menu. I had to turn it off and on several times, but the problem kept on persisting. I exchanged firmware sw. v1.3.7 for newer, but no change to happen. Does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve it?
Thank you very much
Kovy

aitchala

VIP
Hi mat load this tool and follow those instruction open
systeme upgrade tool select the last FIRM ali b
choose (allcode+bootloder) press next turn stb &upgrade bagin
& all ok
b900e778c829.jpg

edcasi

Registered
There are 2 that I know of:
EL-3020 IR which has Ali3329 B chip &
EL-3020 IR Plus which has the Ali3329C chip (super)

cheekykid

Registered
(I still got the orignal firmware in flash)

When I try to upgrade I get this message:

We can´t auto detect firmware.
Probably you are running 3329C series but
if you press menu and you have DVR Management option
you are running 3329B DVR series otherwise
you are running 3329C series

I use the loader(ALIMUPG51) supplied with the image ali.dvbs.29c030708. I have opened the receiver and verified that i got the "C" chip but I have been unable to upgrade. Also the receiver won't read none of my cards. I press 2020 on the menu but nuffin. What am doing wrong?:mecry:

Last edited:

cheekykid

Registered
I finally got around my problems. Sadly the Ali "C" chip doesn't as of yet play gamma cards though it reads the newest irdeto cards named "zeta".

khan32

Registered
hello i m new

hello friends.i m new and i dont know how to upgrade the software.i have EL-3020 IR Plus and i want to upgrade software.please help me.my email is [email protected]
thanx

khan32

Registered
hello sir.i have EL-3020IR plus when i m trying to upgrade the software then this error is coming (Target not connect or target is error status!)
can u plz solve my problem.
Thanx

edcasi

Registered
You must first switch off the decoader from the back.
Only switch back on after you press connect in the software on yhe PC. Also check that the com port is set right.

mickopla

Registered
hello sir.i have EL-3020IR plus when i m trying to upgrade the software then this error is coming (Target not connect or target is error status!)
can u plz solve my problem.
Thanx

Did you solve this problem as the exact same thing is happening to me? Or has anyone else got a solution to this problem?

charimi

Registered
You must check if you use correct serial cable connections, pc com port, the latest correct loader and the correct chip C file bin.
Leave switch on the back of the receiver off, after you start program ALIMUPG55.EXE, press connect in the software and follow the instructions in the program window. You must be ok. Unless not you have something wrong or perhaps a Windows problem.

mickopla

Registered
Must have been a problem with the com port on my pc. Tried on my old pc and managed to get it working.