PMC Tables - general question

Mikro

Registered
hi

i have general question about PMC Tables.

i wanna update to newest "ToH3.4HoTv9.8" but i am little confused.
i did read that its important to install PMC Tables too with package where they are included. in this 9.8 version there are not any PMC Table files.

so my questions:

0. what are PMC Tables and why are they so important?
1. are "PMC Tables" included in .HDF file directly?
2. do i need to upload PMC Tables manually into my HUMAX?
3. can i destroy my HUMAX with fake or not correct PMC Table?

thx lot.

mikro

Mikro

Registered
can somebody answer my question? lol i didnt find anyting special about PMC Tables. just few things that they need to be updated with news firmware too.

pls help :confused:

maximo

Super VIP
like brother Rider said you cannot harm your humax with a not valid pmc table anyhow i ll try to explain what is a pmc table:
PMC TABLE = Provider Message Code
When we tune on a crypted channel that trasmits with more then one decryption signal our decoder must know wich emulator to use so this table pass the info to our hummy on all bouquets witch correct encryption to use.
you can make your own pesonalised pmctable depending witch provider you use most excluding the others that not interest you.
now for your questions:
1: every full release of the Toh-Hot team has included pmctable (version 9.8 is a mod4 only to get rid of AU on premiere but it must be used with full firmware 9.6)
2:you can upload your own or a pmctable made by others to your hummy with HDFsmart or any PMCTools
3:No
hope this will clear your definitions of PMCTable
ciaooo