HD sat receiver

mtrfckr

Registered
I would recommend the clarke-tech 5000hd, it has a usb connector for an external HD. For what i know, it is not the best on video quality, but it has good support, they improved video quality over time with new firmwares and it opens everything (almost). The price is around 280 euro for the simple version and 330 for the one with the dvbt (digital terrest.) tuner.
Similar but with the possibility to install an internal hard disk is the vantage hd 7000. I don't think is really out yet, it should have a better video quality, faster channel switch, blind search and a better constuction compared to the clarke tech.
Its price will be 440 euro. Another possibility if u want to wait (probably forever) it will be the dreambox 8000: linux, internal hd, DVD, completly programmable and until now, completly a dream.....it was announced last year and it is still not there (its price will be around 800 euro). There are other hd linux receivers (just look in the "new sat related products" section of this forum and u can have some more ideas.
Anyway the one that is out for sure now is the clarke tech 5000hd (and the jepssen pvr-s2-hdtv without digital terrestrial tuner 350 euro). All the other ones do not have the hard disk (internal or external) or they are not out yet.
I hope this will help you to start ur search.....
Ciao