usb-serial connected to my humax 5400z

drowsy

Registered
I have a problem with my new motherboard...it does not have a serial port so I needed a USB to SERIAL cable...installed it..and when using normal application like humax tray, dsr etc...it looks like its connected but no data is transferred... what shall i do ?

Cocobango

Registered
Usb-232

Dear m8
I had the same problem for long time.......
Just keep buying cables untill one works fine for U.
Just as simple as this!

rupestre

Registered
I have a problem with my new motherboard...it does not have a serial port so I needed a USB to SERIAL cable...installed it..and when using normal application like humax tray, dsr etc...it looks like its connected but no data is transferred... what shall i do ?

Try to do so I resolved:

First, check to see if the adattaore has been recognized by PC:

The cable included with the USB port Vai with the right mouse button on my computer> Hardware-> Device Manager-doors (com-LPT) and see if there is the adapter (if this is not of course mean that drivers were not loaded).
Then if it exists, try to make it work, to double click on the adapter then written on Vai port settings-advanced-you need to check the box where you can find written Use FIFO buffer ... Select-down window of the same port that you want to assign to the adapter

Sorry for my English is not perfect