Sat 9.1
10:00 AM

CMT Music 30 Min

Sat 9.1
10:30 AM

Remind Me

CMT Insider Special Edition

2007 CMA Awards Nominations [TV-PG]

The 2007 CMA Awards nominees announcement will be broadcast live Thursday at 10 am. ET from the Sommet Center in Nashville on a special edition of ...

Featured Artists:
Montgomery Gentry , Sara Evans , Taylor Swift
Sat 9.1
11:00 AM

Remind Me

Top 20 Countdown

August 30, 2007 [TV-PG]

Top 20 Countdown host Lance Smith has his hands full when Cledus T. Judd, Van Zant and new artist Brent Keith drop by the studio. Smith talks t...

Featured Artists:
Brent Keith , Cledus T. Judd , Dierks Bentley , Sugarland , Taylor Swift , Van Zant
Sat 9.1
2:00 PM

Remind Me

CMT Insider

September 1, 2007 [TV-PG]

He's coming out of retirement, at least temporarily, and that means new music for fans. Join host Katie Cook when CMT Insider takes a look, or ...

Featured Artists:
Crystal Gayle , Dierks Bentley , Eric Church , Garth Brooks , Luke Bryan , Montgomery Gentry , More...
Sat 9.1
2:30 PM

Remind Me

CMT Cross Country

Miranda Lambert & Jack Ingram

Two of country's younger generation of Texas mavericks team up for a rocking night of music in CMT Cross Country. Singer-songwriters Jack Ingra...

Featured Artists:
Jack Ingram , Miranda Lambert
Sat 9.1
3:30 PM

Remind Me

Trick My Truck

Mike Justice's Sawtooth

Mike Justice's 1964 Mack truck has been in his family for over 40 years, and it's still working hard. It's more than just a family heirloom. It's the ...

Sat 9.1
4:00 PM

Remind Me

Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge

A Concert by Jewel and Vanilla Ice

The celebrities put their fears aside to ride a bull for the first time, but one of the stars gets seriously injured. Vanilla Ice and Ty's girlfriend,...

Sat 9.1
4:30 PM

Remind Me

Vanilla Ice Gets Inked

Jonny Fairplay barely survives a wild ride as the celebrities step up against tougher bulls. The guys run into a challenge at a cowboy bar. Vanilla Ic...

Sat 9.1
5:00 PM

Remind Me

The Injuries are Adding Up

As the bulls get tougher, the injuries start to mount. One celebrity returns from the hospital after getting stomped by a bull. Rocket tries to lift ...

Sat 9.1
5:30 PM

Remind Me

Oh Brother Where Art Thou #CMV130

Oh Brother Where Art Thou #CMV130

Sat 9.1
8:00 PM

Remind Me

Blazing Saddles #CMV132

Blazing Saddles #CMV132

Mel Brooks brings us the Ultimate Western Spoof. A town where everyone seems to be named Johnson is in the way of the railroad. In order to grab thei...

Sat 9.1
10:15 PM

Remind Me

Country Fried Home Videos [TV-14, L]

You've Got Males [TV-14]

It's a whole new season of Country Fried Home Videos, and Bill Engvall's getting it kickstarted: a karate chimp kicks his trainer, a cannon kic...

Sat 9.1
10:45 PM

Remind Me

Wreck-reaction [TV-14]

This episode of Country Fried Home Videos is all tied up in "nots": why not to flip an ATV, what not to wear on your mountain bike and where no...

Sat 9.1
11:15 PM

Remind Me

Bull Fight Club [TV-14]

Forget college. You can figure out everything you need to know from Country Fried Home Videos and Professor Bill Engvall. A cowboy gives dancin...

Sat 9.1
11:45 PM

Remind Me

Slightly Used [TV-14]

Bill Engvall's doing this episode of Country Fried Home Videos by the numbers: a one-armed fiddler, a 50-caliber rifle and a 123-pound burger.

Sun 9.2
12:15 AM

Remind Me

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Uncut: 60 Minutes Special

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Uncut: 60 Minutes Special

Dale Earnhardt Jr., the most popular driver on the NASCAR Nextel Cup circuit, sits down with Mike Wallace to talk about the fiery crash that could hav...

Sun 9.2
1:15 AM

Remind Me

Greatest NASCAR Rivalries

CMT Greatest NASCAR Comebacks

This one-hour retrospective looks back at the greatest comebacks in NASCAR history. Moments include Ricky Rudd's win in Richmond after surviving one ...

Sun 9.2
2:15 AM

CMT Music - 15 min

Sun 9.2
2:30 AM

Wide Open Country

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
HOT DISH: Kenny and Garth Are Racing Up the Chart

Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss Make Phone Calls

(CMT Hot Dish is a weekly feature written by veteran columnist Hazel Smith. Author of the cookbook, Hazel's Hot Dish: Cookin' With Country Stars, she also shares her recipes at CMT.com.)

Don't ask me how they know
Kenny Chesney had 12.7 million impressions because of radio's airplay of his new single, "Don't Blink." And don't ask me how they know Garth Brooks had more than 11.6 million pairs of ears listening last week to the radio debut of his single, "More Than a Memory." I'm sure it wasn't planned, but it looks like the race is on. Here comes one of the two up the backstretch. It's gonna be a race to the finish.

Meanwhile, when Kenny does the swan song of his 2007 tour with shows Sept. 7-8 in Atlanta, there won't be any loading up his band, crew and friends to jet to the islands the next day like he's done in years past. The man who sold more tickets this year than any other country act will be heading for the house and packing his clothes to hit radio and television with the launch of his brand new album, Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates, debuting Sept. 11. His first single off the album, "Never Wanted Nothing More," topped the country chart for five weeks. Fans at his concerts have already had a taste of the second single, "Don't Blink," that debuted at No. 16 its first week out and is being compared to one of his best singles, "Good Stuff." The word I got from Bristow, Va., is that Kenny, the working man, was cuter than ever in his red shirt during a recent concert. I actually saw a photo of the man in red. Look for him on Good Morning America on Sept. 13.

Looking at the CMA Finalists
When the finalists for the CMA Awards were announced, the entertainer of the year category remained a boy's club. There had been speculation Martina McBride might be in the running, but no girls have been allowed in the entertainer category in recent years. The nominees for 2007 are Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, George Strait, Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts.

Josh Turner was a surprise newcomer in the male vocalist category along with Chesney, Paisley, Strait and Urban. Miranda Lambert was a surprise as female vocalist nominee alongside McBride, Alison Krauss, Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood.

The strong Horizon listing includes Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Kellie Pickler, Taylor Swift and Little Big Town. It's a shame there aren't five awards for this category.

There's more strength in the duo of the year list than before. Nominees are Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland and the Wreckers. Emerson Drive's major hit "Moments" obviously put them into the vocal group running along with Alison Krauss & Union Station, the Dixie Chicks, Little Big Town and Rascal Flatts.

All of the winners will be announced Nov. 7 from the Sommet Center in Nashville.

Alison Calls
When I answered the phone and Alison Krauss' voice was on the other end, I was not only surprised, I was happy. I've been such a fan of hers and said so in one of my recent Hot Dish columns. Alison was kind with her remarks. It made me feel very humble, but I told her I'd received lots of calls and e-mails -- all positive. After questioning country radio for not playing Alison's records, lo and behold, I got an e-mail from last week from Ken Irwin, owner of Alison's label, Rounder Records. And will wonders never cease? Some country stations have started playing Alison's new single, "Simple Love." Please know that my column had nothing to do with this good news. But what if it did ... .

And Dierks Calls, Too
Dierks Bentley was the headliner at the recent Capitol Pub Crawl on Demonbreun Street in Nashville on a recent Thursday when the temperature hit 100 degrees. Eric Church, Luke Bryan and Lady Antebellum performed at clubs along the way beginning at 5 p.m., but it was still in the 90s that night when Dierks took to the outdoor stage. He later called to see if I was doing OK.

"It's nice to come home and show the people what we've been working on," allowed Dierks. "It was awesome that the Nashville community, the music community, came out to support not just all of us but just to support the music in general. It was a great night for me and for Capitol Records and for the entire music community."

Like I told Dierks, "It appears to me that you all are putting music back in Music City by taking it to the streets." I do love me some Dierks Bentley.

Dolly Hosts Hollywood Listening Party
I saw on Dolly Parton's Web site where she was featured on Perez Hilton's rocking news blog. So I went to Hilton's Web page, and there was Dolly -- looking good with red lips, long red nails, tight jeans and bling. According to the news item, Dolly had an exclusive listening party in Hollywood for a dozen or so invited guests. The word is that her new CD doesn't come out until February 2008, but she promises this will be mainstream country -- her first for a while. For the past few years, she's been recording bluegrass albums. According to a guest, her new album has ballads, gospel and some amazing up-tempo material. Described as a standout track, "Backwoods Barbie" is a song Dolly wrote for the musical version of her film 9 to 5. The production is scheduled to debut on Broadway during the 2008-2009 season.

Dolly can do anything. I'd like to see her have the radio hit she wants.

Tired of the Sleaze
I am so tired of reading sleazy headlines from Hollywood about the antics of drunken and crazed Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. And about the pregnant Nicole Richie who served a whole 82 minutes of a four-day sentence for driving under the influence of drugs. I'd rather read about 17-year-old Taylor Swift topping the country albums chart for the sixth consecutive week. I much prefer my grandkids, nieces and nephews reading about Taylor.

Joe Nichols Hits a Homer
Like Merle Haggard before him, Joe Nichols has recorded an entire album of new songs filled with emotion and depth. Once through the CD, Real Things, I could almost hum every song. They're that good and memorable and country -- like the Hag's were. Ballads showcasing his velvet vocals are included alongside up-tempo songs, like "Comin' Back in a Cadillac," that make you pat your feet and smile. "If I Could Only Fly," his duet with Lee Ann Womack, is a real keeper. "She's All Lady" reminds me of the Randy Travis hit, "On the Other Hand." It sounds like a single to me, and I really like the title song, too. The entire album is down-home good and country. You don't hear much of this good stuff any more. Joe's hit a homer. I give him five stars.

Country Stars Wrangle Back-to-School Promotion
Wrangler has joined forces with some of country's finest -- including Alan Jackson and George Strait -- for a nationwide back-to-school promotion. Radio listeners will have a chance to win autographed jeans by the artists and gift certificates for jeans to get kids dressed for the new school year. Others participating in the promotion are Clay Walker, Darryl Worley, Craig Morgan, Neal McCoy, Eddie Montgomery, Trace Adkins, Aaron Tippin, Trent Willmon, Tracy Byrd, Hank Williams Jr. and Jason Aldean.

RIDER

Super VIP
birthday

Country harmonica pioneer Jimmy Riddle born in Dyersburg, Tenn.

Hank Thompson born Henry William Thompson in Waco, Texas

Tompall Glaser born Thomas Paul Glaser in Spaulding, Neb.
charted

Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton's duet single "Islands In The Stream" charted

Rodney Crowell scored his first No. 1 single as an artist with "I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried"
event

Loretta Lynn signed her first major-label recording contract with Decca Records

First bluegrass festival staged in Fincastle, Va.
radio

Jim Reeves left Louisiana Hayride to join Grand Ole Opry
recorded

Merle Travis recorded classic guitar instrumental, "Cannon Ball Rag"
released

George Strait's Something Special album released

Deana Carter's debut album, Did I Shave My Legs for This?, released

RIDER

Super VIP
Teddy Thompson Embraces Sad Country Songs

New CD Features Classics First Recorded by George Jones, Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard

Craig Shelburne

E-mail this story to a friend.

Teddy Thompson wrote just one song for his new album, Upfront and Down Low, but it fits beautifully with a treasure chest of music from Dolly Parton, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Ernest Tubb, Kitty Wells, the Everly Brothers and others. The
30-year-old son of folk musicians Richard and Linda Thompson has carved out his own sturdy career in recent years as a promising singer-songwriter. Here, the London-born Thompson talks about the new album's humble origins, standing up for country music and why he loves sad songs.

CMT: Classic country songs can say so much in few words. Is that part of the appeal for you?

Teddy Thompson: Yeah, that's what I was attracted to. I used to listen to country music when I was a kid and the early '50s rock 'n' roll music. It was the same kind of thing -- three-minute songs, clever turns of phrase and concise and witty, you know? All in under three minutes, which I thought was great. Chuck Berry was doing a similar thing in rock 'n' roll, but country music had it first, I think.

When you tackled these songs, did you have to sing a different way?

No, I didn't at all, really. That kind of helped me because I'm not really a country singer. I didn't try to sing in a country style. I just sang it like me. I definitely have country leanings and influences, but it probably made it less daunting to cover these songs because it was never going to be a direct country comparison. ... It started out just messing around. We cut all the tracks with only acoustic guitar, bass and drums, so there was no country music instrumentation at all when we cut them. Everything was totally empty and sparse. Then we started adding things afterwards. It was never a goal to make a country record. I would have come to Nashville if I wanted to make a really authentic-sounding country record.

Do you find yourself defending country music to people who say things like, "I love all kinds of music -- except country"?

Oh, you took the words right out of my mouth. That was actually quite a big part of the reason for making this record. I constantly find myself doing that. I've loved country music since I was 12. It's been my favorite kind of music since I was a little kid. You can imagine being a 12-year-old kid in London. Country music wasn't really a big thing on the playground. But even as an adult, I hear those exact words. You ask people what kind of music they like, and they say, "Oh, I like bits of everything except country music." It just drives me crazy! I think I should make a contribution to try to show people what real country music is. Or at least what real country songs are or what they used to be.

How did you discover the songs for this album that you didn't already know? Did you dig through the vinyl racks?

I started looking around. I spent probably a couple of months in between sessions. We did some recording, then we stopped for a while, then we went back and did some more. I had a couple of months where everywhere I went I was looking for country records. I downloaded some stuff and I bought some CDs and I bought some vinyl records. It was fun to have a project, to look for old country records everywhere I went and to find something that hadn't been heard, or done to death.

There are so many George Jones songs you could have done. What was it about "She Thinks I Still Care" that made you choose it?

I have always loved that. I would say that's the most famous of all the songs -- and maybe the most well-known and the most-covered. George Jones was sort of the starting point, and he's probably my favorite male country singer. I couldn't get away from it. I thought, "Maybe I should do a lesser-known song." I kind of wanted to do "A Picture of Me Without You," but I think that would be uncoverable -- to me, anyway -- because his actual recording of that song is such an incredible arrangement. I didn't want to go near that. This was a song I was desperate to do. I thought, "I don't care. Everybody's done it. I'm going to do it, too."

Do you like any happy country songs?

I do! (laughs) But not as much as I like the sad ones. I just like the sad songs better in every kind of music -- and country music especially. The thing that I love about country music is that it has sad songs, but they're almost funny. I mean, "(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers" is a good example: "The only thing I can count on now is my fingers." It almost makes you laugh when you hear it, or it makes you smile, but it's not funny. It's kind of tragi-comedy. I don't know what it is. It's a country thing, which I love. I do definitely prefer the sad songs, and I find sad songs to be uplifting in a way. People do ask me, "Why do you always do the sad songs? They're so depressing." I don't feel that way. I love the sad songs. They make me feel good in a sad way.

RIDER

Super VIP
Carrie Underwood's New Video Premieres Thursday on CMT
CMT and iTunes deliver a multi-format world premiere as CMT devotes six straight hours to airing Carrie Underwood's "So Small" on Thursday (Sept. 20) from 6 a.m. until noon, ET/PT. The video also debuts Thursday morning for free streaming at CMT.com. The television and online event coincides with the music video's world premiere for purchase at the iTunes Store, which will be the exclusive source to purchase the video throughout its debut week. "So Small" is the first single from Underwood's second album, Carnival Ride, to be released on Oct. 23. She co-wrote the song with Luke Laird and Hillary Lindsey. The video was directed by Roman White, who won a CMT Music Award for another Underwood video, "Before He Cheats." This marks their fifth collaboration. The video is expected to be televised 66 times within the six-hour span on CMT.

RIDER

Super VIP
Kanye West, 50 Cent Outsell Kenny Chesney

In the first week of sales for their new CDs, Kenny Chesney was outsold by Kanye West and 50 Cent, ending a rivalry in the media about which artist would open with the biggest sales figures. West's Graduation sold 957,000 copies and 50 Cent's Curtis moved 691,000. Chesney's Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates sold 387,000 copies to easily place him at No. 1 on the country albums sales chart and No. 3 on the all-genre Billboard 200. It's the largest sales week for a country album since the Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way, which debuted with 526,000 copies in May 2006.

RIDER

Super VIP
Frances Preston Honored by Country Stars

Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow and Brenda Lee led a long list of celebrities and music industry executives who gathered Tuesday night (Sept. 18) as Country Music Hall of Fame member Frances Preston was honored with the Leadership Music Dale Franklin Award. Leadership Music is a Nashville-based organization dedicated to greater communication and education within the music industry, and the award recognizes Preston's contributions to the music industry throughout her career. Now retired, Preston served as president and CEO of BMI from 1986 until 2004 after joining the performance rights organization in 1958 and opening its regional office in Nashville. Gill hosted the sold-out event at Nashville's Schermerhorn Symphony Center that also featured appearances by Alabama lead vocalist Randy Owen, Sam Moore and Gary Morris, along with video messages from Dolly Parton, Al Gore and music executive Clive Davis.
RELATED ARTISTS

RIDER

Super VIP
Cross Canadian Ragweed's New CD Due Oct

Cross Canadian Ragweed will release a new album, Mission California, on Oct. 2 on Universal South Records. Recorded near San Diego, the project was co-produced by Mike McClure, formerly of the Great Divide. Lee Ann Womack appears on guest vocals. Singer Cody Canada wrote a majority of the 14 songs, including a collaboration with Texas artist Stoney LaRue. The band also covers Chris Knight's "Cry Lonely" and Todd Snider's "I Believe You.

RIDER

Super VIP
Suzy Bogguss Finds Herself in Sweet Danger

With New CD, Singer-Songwriter Returns to the Road

Over the last few years, Suzy Bogguss has recorded a couple of easygoing records -- the lively Swing and the perfectly charming Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. She's played some gigs on the weekends and toured in Europe a little
bit with some Nashville songwriting pals because, hey, that sounded kind of fun.

However, she's taking herself more seriously now -- but not too much. Although she sprinkles the conversation with hearty laughs and self-deprecating jokes, Bogguss says her new CD, Sweet Danger, isn't quite as light-hearted as her last two projects. She wanted to invest herself in writing new music for the album and enlisted a longtime friend, Jason Miles, to co-produce it. They first met 12 years ago while working on a track for a children's album of Elvis Presley songs and instantly clicked.

Following one of her shows in New York City a few years ago, Miles casually asked, "So, what are you going to do next?" Her off-the-cuff answer: "I don't know. What are you doing?"

With a laugh, she remembers, "We just sat there and stared at each other for a minute, like, 'Hmm. ... That's an interesting thought.' We didn't take it too seriously at first, but about a week later I wrote him an e-mail and I said, 'Hey, do you want to hear a couple of songs to see what you think?'"

Miles liked the material enough to give it a shot, so off she went to New York City with five songs, expecting to cut three. Whereas Nashville musicians call it a night when the session expires, Bogguss kept on recording well into the night with the band. With Miles' jazz background, a slinky, sensual vibe sneaks into a few of the songs, without compromising her acoustic leanings. For example, on "No Good Way to Go," she balances the spoken-word riffs with a chorus that's hard to get out of your head.

"We came up with a sound that both of us were really interested in," she said. "It made us go, 'Wow, what if we did a whole record like this?'" So they did, with additional sessions in Nashville, mixing Miles' players and members of her band.

One of those new songs, "Baby July," is reminiscent of her country hits, but before the compliment can even be finished, she interjects: "Like 'Hey Cinderella?' I can't even put them in the same set!" she laughs. "Those are my old folkie chords. I can't seem to get away from going to that danged sixth minor. It just creeps into every song."

Bogguss grew up in the Midwest -- "raised in a cornfield in Illinois," she says -- and earned an art degree with a concentration on metal-smithing. (Making jewelry is another pastime.) Fresh out of college, she paid her dues by playing the coffeehouse and folk circuit across the U.S. Some habits die hard. She admitted at the end of our interview that she'd had six cups of coffee that morning to get through the day.

Asked if singer-songwriters can get discovered today with just a camper van and a lot of ambition, she replied, "I'm sure it's not as safe at the truck stops as it used to be. Those truckers used to take such good care of me. I had my little CB radio, and I never felt like I was alone, you know what I mean? I had a bunch of big-brother guys out there, but part of that is my naïve youth. I had a German shepherd with me too, so I always felt like, 'If anybody tries anything, I'm pulling out my dog, and they're gonna get it!'"

Finally, after some demo sessions and a headlining gig at Dollywood, her persistence paid off and she secured a record deal at Capitol Nashville. She struggled to find her first hit, so she filled her set list with Western songs like "I Want to Be a Cowgirl's Sweetheart," leading to a close friendship with Patsy Montana. In the early '90s, she caught a break with Ian Tyson's "Someday Soon." That opened the door to Top 10 hits such as "Outbound Plane," "Aces," "Letting Go," "Drive South," "Just Like the Weather" and "Hey Cinderella."

Her breakthrough album, Aces, was certified platinum, and she won the CMA Horizon Award in 1992. The career momentum continued with gold plaques for Voices in the Wind, Something Up My Sleeve and Greatest Hits. She also recorded an album with her most famous champion, Chet Atkins.

"He was all on top of what was new and different in Nashville all his life," Bogguss says about Atkins. "He had a particular gift for that, but the other thing was his lack of, 'Oh, poor me. I'm getting old.' And I don't want to do that. I don't want to feel like that. I have never felt it so far, and I feel like he was a great mentor that way."

In the mid-'90s, Bogguss scaled back her touring and recording to raise a family with husband-songwriter Doug Crider. Their 12-year-old son, Ben, inspired her to include a sterling rendition of Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now" on Sweet Danger.

"It wasn't like he was saying, 'Mom, you need to sing this song,'" she says. "He was just singing it, and when he sang it, it was so different to hear it all stripped down in just a song. I certainly don't want to put the song down -- or the production from 1976 -- but the thing about it was, it seemed less urgent and pleading when I heard this little tiny voice singing it. It sounded so vulnerable. I thought, 'Oh man, if I could capture that feeling.' That's just what I wanted to do. Plus the well-known fact that I like to yodel, and I got to yodel in a song that's not about a cowgirl. How much better can it get?"
RELATED ARTISTS

RIDER

Super VIP
On CMT: TV Schedule
All Times ET/PT
Time- Series Episode Description
Wed 9.26
6:00 AM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
7:00 AM

CMT Power Picks

September 25, 2007 [TV-PG]

CMT Power Picks puts the fans in the driver's seat. Your favorite videos go head-to-head in a daily battle. Your votes decide the big winners.

Wed 9.26
8:00 AM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
9:00 AM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
10:00 AM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
11:00 AM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
12:00 PM

Remind Me

CMT Power Picks

September 26, 2007 [TV-PG]

CMT Power Picks puts the fans in the driver's seat. Your favorite videos go head-to-head in a daily battle. Your votes decide the big winners.

Wed 9.26
1:00 PM

CMT Music

music videos

Wed 9.26
2:00 PM

Remind Me

Baby Boom #CMV133

Baby Boom #CMV133

Baby Boom- The life of super-yuppie J.C. is thrown into turmoil when she inherits a baby from a distant relative. Stars Diane Keaton, Sam Shepard, a...

Wed 9.26
4:30 PM

Remind Me

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

Ep. 201

Hundreds of excited and anxious Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders hopefuls arrive at Texas Stadium for the preliminary auditions. After performing their fre...

Wed 9.26
5:30 PM

Remind Me

Ep. 202

In the final audition process, the competition really heats up. Surviving finalists will go head to head with experienced veterans for a coveted spot ...

Wed 9.26
6:00 PM

Remind Me

The Greatest

40 Greatest Firsts [TV-PG]

40 GREATEST FIRSTS Who was the first singing cowboy or country's first sex symbol? What was the first (and hopefully last) country/disco song? Who ...

Featured Artists:
LeAnn Rimes , Merle Haggard , Tex Ritter
Wed 9.26
8:00 PM

Remind Me

CMT Crossroads

Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr.

This episode of CMT Crossroads gives Kid Rock the opportunity to indulge his country leanings and show his genuine admiration for Hank Williams...

Featured Artists:
Hank Williams Jr. , Kid Rock
Wed 9.26
9:00 PM

Remind Me

Ep. 201

Hundreds of excited and anxious Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders hopefuls arrive at Texas Stadium for the preliminary auditions. After performing their fre...

Wed 9.26
10:00 PM

Remind Me

Ep. 202

In the final audition process, the competition really heats up. Surviving finalists will go head to head with experienced veterans for a coveted spot ...

Wed 9.26
10:30 PM

Remind Me

2007 CMT Music Awards

2007 CMT Music Awards #CMT397

Jeff Foxworthy returns as host of the CMT Music Awards for the third consecutive year. The star-studded line-up includes chart-toppers Rascal Flatts,...

Featured Artists:
Bon Jovi , Carrie Underwood , Dierks Bentley , Hank Williams Jr. , Jeff Foxworthy , Keith Urban , More...
Thu 9.27
1:00 AM

Remind Me

Foxworthy's Big Night Out

Foxworthy's Big Night Out - Ep.2: Sara Evans

Sara Evans appears as a special guest on Celebrity Deer Hunter, a cable access show hosted by ne'er-do-well hunters, Willy (Foxworthy) and Bill...

Featured Artists:
Jeff Foxworthy , Sara Evans
Thu 9.27
1:30 AM

Remind Me

Foxworthy's Big Night Out

Foxworthy's Big Night Out - Ep.3: Trace Adkins

Things go well for Trace Adkins as he auditions dancers for the grand opening of his new honky-tonk, "Badonkadonk," until an aging dancer named Kitty ...

Featured Artists:
Jeff Foxworthy , Trace Adkins
Thu 9.27
2:00 AM

CMT Music 30 Min

Thu 9.27
2:30 AM

Wide Open Country