My HUMAX is driving me MAD! :(

octopi

Registered
First of all - thank you for the great board. It's great to be able to talk about our issues. Please see if you can help me.

I am trying to get back in the world of HUMAX, and bring my machine to life. I need some help as I am running into problems. Please take a look at my system below and let me know what I am doing wrong.

The process to get it working has changed a lot - and I can't find a manual! Back in the old days we downloaded the files, used a funcard and a cardwriter and --bang-- you were done. Now it's very different!

I've got a 5400. Loader H.208.

Dish has a dual LNB pointed at Astra and Hotbird.

I have used PET123's settings file from humaxsettings.nl in the past.

I have installed the stock HUMAX firmware using the WDNOAK4+ tool.

Then I installed the new ToH 3.4_HoT8.2.hdf using HZU 2.0

Then I have installed the included .CSV PMC file using PMC Tool 0.1.1.0

Then (tedious isn't it? :) ) I upload the keys from the HUMAX key section (key.bin) of this site using DSR9500.

I change settings to CARD+EMU

I got no errors at any time.

Does it work?

Well, no. Premiere is still dark, as are the other channels listen as supposed to be "ok".

What am I doing wrong? :mecry::mecry:

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

papillon125

Registered
For me u do all right but, i 've already this problem in past

I think it's DSr9500, u must configure it before downloading the keys into humax, I advise you to use another keyloader "SammyReadWrite" more stable and no configuration needed.
U will find it into same folder as DSR 9500 EMU.

traxe

Registered
To be sure that the keys are being downloading to humax ,with the DSr9500 set on the verify box, ? > settings > verify from box > tick on.

octopi

Registered
OK.

1. I didn't know you had to download the keys when on an FTA channel. I will check that now.

2. I have used both applications to download keys - I have tried DSR9500EMU ED and S+ Humy Edit V1.0.0.0 - both appear to have the same effect - nothing :) The Null modem cable works fine and communucation between the PC and the Hummy is also fine.

Traxe > Your suggestion "with the DSr9500 set on the verify box, ? > settings > verify from box > tick on." Yes. Verify is turned on. It does give an "Invalid Firmware" message - but I assume that is because this is a brand new ToH firmware that isn't in the database. :(

I can try "Sammyreadwrite". Anyone got a reputable location to download it?

thanks

octopi

octopi

Registered
Guys - thank you for all your suggestions
I'll download FRESH, UP to date tools and try again tonight. :D