Image Backup

satfoot

Registered
Is there somebody who can kindly inform me whether it is possible to backup an image with Dreambox Control Centtre? I know that one can take a backup with Dreamup and FWPRO.

Homsey

Registered
Hi mate i think like you said the programs you mentioned are the best way to backup. I have not used dreambox control centre i would imagine it is possible but fwpro is excellent.:D

satfoot

Registered
I tried with DCC, but the backup function did not become enabled. So I suspected that the 500 is not supported by DCC as far as the backup is concerned. On the other hand, one can install an image with DCC using the root.cramfs method....except Max Var Images (only Dreamup not even FWPRO).

Last edited:

Homsey

Registered
Well thank you on the info on dcc like i can say i have never used it mate
at least theres allways alternatives and dm500 quite a nice piece of kit.

Demolition

Registered
making a BackUp and Install with FlasWizard is not good for MaxVar Images .

Use DreamUp .

But why Make a Full BackUp

Just Copy your wanted Folders with DCC to your Pc .

Flash in a new image with DreamUp , and Copy your Files from Pc back to Fresh installed Image .

Piece of cake , and it takes 5 Minutes.

B

boxgot

making a BackUp and Install with FlasWizard is not good for MaxVar Images .

Use DreamUp .
QUOTE]

First,When you tell us that is not good for maxvar images,than you have to explain us,why.

I think thats not true.

With dreamUP one newbe like him...dont make mess.One, dreamUP backup you canot bring back to box befor you not make some works with.

Last edited:

Demolition

Registered
Here a Quote from Gemini team what you can reed by every new MaxVar Release
Attention!
This Image is only running on the regular DM500, not on the DM500plus!

This MaxVar Image is only running in flash (it has been only tested that way). Please do only use DreamUp and don´t forget the flash erase. Do not use other tools like FW or DCC.

They don`t say that for NO reason .

The reason is :

You need a absolute Clean flash to start .

FlashWizard is a Great Tool , butt it is fast and it dos not Clean and erase your present Image Completely.

so believe me ... its better to Use Dreamup.

B

boxgot

Hehehe.First open your eye's and read this:frm cellpipe

"Hi, I'am also looking image backup software for DM500s.
which is the best?"

Last edited: