DM 7020 or DM 7025?

fc hellas

Registered
Hi to all!

I want to buy a dreambox but I don't know which one.
I have read and heard that the DM 7025 is not good for c/s is that correct?
And as I want to use this STB for C/S I need a good one.
Further I want to come in contact whith people who can help me out and tell me what to do etc..

I hope someone will reed this and help me.

Many thanks to all.:thum:

DesertGoon

Registered
I have two 7020s and am happy with them. My friend has a 7025 and it works with CS, the same way as 7020 but I like 7020 better for its ease of use. If you don't need twin tuner function, 7020 will be enough for all your needs.

~DG

P.S: I like these images for 7020 - Gemini, Nabilosat and SifTeam. :thum:

fc hellas

Registered
I have two 7020s and am happy with them. My friend has a 7025 and it works with CS, the same way as 7020 but I like 7020 better for its ease of use. If you don't need twin tuner function, 7020 will be enough for all your needs.

~DG

P.S: I like these images for 7020 - Gemini, Nabilosat and SifTeam. :thum:

Ok thank you, what is exact the function of twin tuner?
I can watch one channel and record another on the HDD?

HaCKaMaC

Registered
I can watch one channel and record another on the HDD?

Exactly.
Or You can have a DVB-S (sat) tuner and a DVB-T (terrestrial) tuner. Or a DVB-C if You have cable television. You can mix to suit Your needs in 7025.
What You heard 'bout CS on 7025 must be "old news". It took a while before (stable) software was available. It's much better now.
But still, there's much more for 7020. And it's a very reliable model. If You need help from boards, the 7020 is very widely supported. It's a little harder to find skilled 7025 owners.

Last edited:

fc hellas

Registered
Exactly.
Or You can have a DVB-S (sat) tuner and a DVB-T (terrestrial) tuner. Or a DVB-C if You have cable television. You can mix to suit Your needs in 7025.
What You heard 'bout CS on 7025 must be "old news". It took a while before (stable) software was available. It's much better now.
But still, there's much more for 7020. And it's a very reliable model. If You need help from boards, the 7020 is very widely supported. It's a little harder to find skilled 7025 owners.

Ok many thanks for your help!:thum:

tomcat415

Donating Member
good info HaCKaMaC :thum: i was also looing into getting the 7025 or 7020 but being a newbie am going to get a dm500-s first and see how i get on :) then later join the big boys :cool:

russell2622

Registered
i have just brought a DM7020 and i'm over the moon with it.
i was thinking about the DM7025 but looked around a lot of boards and really didn't see a great deal of support for it compared to the other models.

also find the 7020 to be very stable :thum: