A buyer's guide for idiots

Najisoft

Registered
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Dreambox 500, but as a newbie I'm lost on what I will pay the money for :confused: :

1) Does the system automatically updates the TPS and opens scrambled channels? If NOT then what use is a permanent internet connection?
2) Can I use one Emu to unscramble all channels? Or must I switch the emu depending on the channels I want to watch?
3) can the system simultaneously opens Viacses, Irdeto and other scrambled channels?
4) can I watch Arabic & English channels of Showtime, ART & Orbit ON Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird? What setup/ emu would you suggest for that?
5) can I use the "smartcard" slot for original ART or Showtime cards?

I searched the net for answers, but for naught.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Dreambox 500, but as a newbie I'm lost on what I will pay the money for :confused: :

1) Does the system automatically updates the TPS and opens scrambled channels? If NOT then what use is a permanent internet connection?

Yes it does, but it doesn't mean it will always do.

2) Can I use one Emu to unscramble all channels? Or must I switch the emu depending on the channels I want to watch?

Most of the emus decrypt same channels. But there is some differences.

3) can the system simultaneously opens Viacses, Irdeto and other scrambled channels?

Yes it can.

4) can I watch Arabic & English channels of Showtime, ART & Orbit ON Nilesat, Arabsat and Hotbird? What setup/ emu would you suggest for that?

You can if you have subscription card for those providers. Neither of them is opened without a card.

5) can I use the "smartcard" slot for original ART or Showtime cards?

Yes, you can.

I searched the net for answers, but for naught.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

I hope that helps a bit. I don't have time atm for some longer reply.