Flashing a image with usb question

rhurbarb

Registered
I have managed to upload a image from a usb stick but when it loads i dont see the part to tell me to reboot the machine,as in the tutorial .And i have noticed the spinner goes crazy and the box is very unresponsive as if the memory is full .Tried a few images and they all are all the same .Any ideas ?Rhurbarb :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Gerry55

Registered
Hi rhurbarb
How did you install the image from the USB stick,
did you install the folder (vuplus) with the folder called
(duo2) inside to the stick then press the button when told to?

rhurbarb

Registered
Hi Gerry.I pasted the vuplus folder into the usb stick.As it loads its says press power button which i do.Then if i can remember correctly it says deleting and then flashing the image.when it does that it goes back to press power which i dont .After that i get to the to the wizard on the image.I did notice this morning whilst setting up the wizard it did say something about updating in the background which i didnt see before.Possible im not leaving it long enough to update hence the spinner going mad?Also i never got to that stage where it says unplug usb stick and reboot.so in a nutshell i get to load the image in but its impossible to use as the curser keeps sticking .Cheers

Last edited:

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
your vu is it a clone or original? which image you making?
did you tried another usb? and dont forget to formated the usb to fat32

rhurbarb

Registered
Original vu duo2 here .formatted to fat32 1st yes.I have noticed blackhole boots up 1st then it goes to pli image if that makes any sense.Used 3 usbs .Using openpli4.0betavuduo220140527usb.Cheers rhurbarb

Last edited:

Gerry55

Registered
Hi again rhurbarb
You are beginning to loose me, are you trying to install more than one image at a time?

Or is the BH boot screem loading before the pli one?

rhurbarb

Registered
Hi Gerry .originally i installed Ferrets backup of blackhole I decided to install the pli4 image over the top of it using the usb stick .Currently the spinner has settled and is working well but its still showing blackhole on boot logo ..Does that make sense?.How can i wipe out the bh logo.Thanks

Not trying to install more than one image at a time

BH boot screen is loading before the pli one correct

Last edited:

RIDER

Super VIP
on flash you must put rthe black hole image to use the meoboot then you can make other images in usb but not pli4 thats no working it has to be openpli3!!!!!!!!!!! the image which are 4 not work in usb those are only for flash

Code:
http://openpli.org/download/vuduo/

OpenPLi-3.0-beta-vuduo-20140102_usb.zip

rhurbarb

Registered
I did have pli3 on usb on my dreambox then i done a software update which gave me a boot logo with the green tree logo.So maybe i thought i had pli4 on usb when in fact it was pli3 with a newer logo? Does that make sense to you?
Do you know the reason why pli4 does not work on meoboot?
Il use that zip file cheers M8

Last edited:

RIDER

Super VIP
i have vu solo2 not dreambox yes openpli3 is with other logo

open pli4 wit is made only for flash

that file i gave you is for vu dou not dreambox

rhurbarb

Registered
Appreciate your help .Was aware that file was for the Vu.Im working on two boxes ,as i like the pli image ;)Take care