How to Permanently Change Channel names in Dreambox DM800HD SE V2

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hi there,
I have DM800HD SE V2, with Newnigma2 V4.0.8 Installed, and i am located in East Africa. I am using multiple satellites (I have few channels on Paksat 1R 38.0E) which names appear very funny and incorrect, i want to rename them permanently.
Can some one please tell me how to do it.
I have already Tried the following:

Using DDC (Windows Version) or Using iDreamX (Mac Version) to download setting change the name in lamedb, or used "Expert Mode" in iDreamX and edit name.
It changes name for while, and after when i scroll channels and come back to the changed one it shows the same name. i have already even tried like completely powering off after changing channel name, so i thought it would not backup to temp chache.

----------
NB:- I know that i can make Favorite Bouquets and change the names there. but i just want to correct the names, it is annoying . so please don't explain the walk through about creating "Favorites & Bouquets" etc.

Any Permanent Solution will be Highly Appreciated.

Regards
Wahaib

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you can do it in dreambox edit get the channel list from the box then edit them then send them back

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello there,
Thanks for the reply, but as explained above i have tried those methods already,

Using Dreambox Edit (Windows Version ) Misilar Mac OSX Version iDreamX and both i tried changing the lamedb, and i also tried with in the Dreambox edit made changes and "Put inBox"
as explained it changes for while and again come back the same.

Robinson74

Registered
You need to set the proper flag in DreamboxEdit.
I think it is flag 01 (f:01) so that the box ignores SDT.

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello there,
Could you be kind and explain further in details if you know exactly how and what needs to be done ?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
open dreambox edit and then locate and open your settings
highlite the channel you want to rename then right click on it and choose Show/Edit details,then on the right service data name,just rename the channel to what ever you are going to call it then save

after you have finished renaming them all make sure you save in the main prog as well

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello there,
Thanks for taking the time and efforts to send me these Screen shoots, i have already tried these methods, by using ( both DreamBox Edit & iDreamX ) windows & Mac OSx versions and it edits the channel name but after scrolling the channel foreword or Backward it again changes back to Old name.

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello there,
I will give Try to DreamEdit ( Windows Version) and run it as Administrator and see if it will help.
will update you the results just for reference purposes

Robinson74

Registered
Use DreamboxEdit and after editing your name in the main list set the "keep flag", just tick the first box.
Make sure you send your lamedb file to your box and make sure new lamedb is saved in your box.

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello Dear,
It is not woking that way, i mean channel name changes but after re-start again same name.
No sucess.

wahaib1981

Donating Member
Hello Robinson,
Thanks very much i think i was missing this step and every one else did not mention about that. i Selected to "Keep" in Flags option and now it is changing the channels name with our reverting back to original.
THANKS VERY MUCH.