general difference between all images

Hony

Registered
Hi, I'm pretty new here... just got my first Enigma2 based receiver VU+ Duo2. Could anybody tell me please what's the major difference between all these images available? and posibly suggest me one that could be suitable for me? sorry if I ask for too much :)

I like a nice, quick and stable GUI + I think I'm gonna need a CAM simulator :) I'd like to share my card for my PC cards as well.

I've been on BH for 2-3 weeks now... looks great but I'm not certain if I can get a CAM that I need on?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Down to personal prefrence mate really . try them all and see what feature from each image suits your need.

If you strip it right back what makes one image different from another is the Skin and the Features and plugins the team install as standard.

To put a cam on BH you ftp the emu file to the tmp folder of your image, you then on your remote press green then yellow and manual install.

Hony

Registered
Is there any cam that you could suggest? There's many of them available. Do they simply work with all tuners available?

Thanks for your input.. I will give them a ago!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimdefruit

Registered
Hi Hony, give the VTI image a try. It has its own server and if you are not sure how to do things with the Duo2, VTI gives all the help and plugins there on screen.

Hony

Registered
Thanks for info Jim,will give VTI a go later today. Maybe one more question... can generally any plugin be installed on any image? Eg. if i find what i need on VTI in terms of plugins/addons but decide to use BH because if its GUI for example.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any cam that you could suggest? There's many of them available. Do they simply work with all tuners available?

Thanks for your input.. I will give them a ago!

It depends on what your wanting the cam to do ?

Hony

Registered
I'd like to share my Irdeto ICE (Skylink card) for both my DVB-S2 tuners in Duo2 + maybe one more in my PC that currently works with acam (doesn't seem to be available fo E2) + oscam server running in a VM (vmware player) - my little testing environment. Concidering to run oscam in my DUO2 / PI / possibly use another software / approach if available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I agree id try oscam on the Duo2 also.

Hony

Registered
Hi guys, can I have some help from you? I'm on VTi now - the system and gui posibilities look great! it seem that all CAM plugins are in place as well but I'm short of some information to be able to get the plugins going.

Can you tell me what exactly needs to be done on enigma2 to get oscam or alternativelly cccam going? It seems i will have to add / edit some config files on the system. I thought this would be already done on VTi plugins for the users and I would only start them up?

Last edited: