DCC and Enigma2 Recognition Problems

teduk

Registered
I have this query re DCC's, 2 examples are shown below, and E2 recognition. While my query relates mainly to passwords and their use it also raises the question of what the password is set to allow access to. I'm sure someone here (hoping really) can help because I certainly don't have the knowledge to figure it out and it is niggling like L.

Images of Dreambox Control Center E2 v 1.50:

The E2 v 1.50 "1.5_image_1" shows connection complete - but - that enigma2 is not detected.
By removing the preset password of "dreambox" to match the lack of a password on the Vu+ Duo2 acccess to the data stored in enigma2 is denied.
Which is strange to say the least because the password fields on both the Duo2 and the DCC are both empty so there obviously should be a match. Just as when logging in to this forum. Except access to the enigma2 files is denied, why is this? As you can see ftp and telnet are connected.
40162452a0a37459dd1.jpg

The E2 v 1.50 "1.50_image_2" shows connection complete - and - after replacing the password "dreambox" in the DCC password field, that enigma2 is now detected.
Despite there now being a password mismatch. The DCC password field contains "dreambox" and the Vu+ Duo2 password field contains nothing. So??...
40162452a0a3752912d.jpg

The E2 v 1.50 "1.5_image_3" shows connection complete - and - that access to the enigma2 files is now granted.
Thus; by leaving the preset password of "dreambox" in the password entry field - but - still not setting a password on the Vu+ Duo2 acccess to the data stored in enigma2 is now established.
As you can see ftp and telnet are both connected and this time full access to the files in enigma2 is granted despite no password being set on the Vu+ Duo2. ???? So does this mean that the DCC password is just to allow access to the DCC features and utilities???
40162452a0a37540d1b.jpg

Dreambox Control Center E2 v 1.46
The same is almost true of this version. The difference, for me here, is that I had to type "dreambox" into the password entry field whereas in the 1.50 version the password of "dreambox" was loaded "preset" in the password entry field.
However, despite no password being set on the Vu+ Duo2, and the resulting password mismatch, access to enigma2 files was granted.

As above, the E2 v 1.46 would show connection complete - but - without adding the password "dreambox" in the DCC, it would also show that enigma2 is not detected.

The E2 v 1.46 "1.46_image_2" shows connection complete - and - after adding the password "dreambox" in the DCC, that enigma2 is now detected.
40162452a0a49ab2da7.jpg

Again, the E2 v 1.46 will show connection complete - and - demonstrate that by adding the password "dreambox" in the DCC password entry field, access to the files in enigma2 is now allowed.

So what is happening to these two versions of DCC???
Is it that they need an entry in their password entry fields in order to use the program's features??
Is it something to do with the Xfiles??? Have Mulder and Scully messed up???

The VuCC is also a nice utility and uses Filezilla as its FTP Client.

However, the VuCC needn't be used in this instance because you can just open FZ and use it on a stand alone basis. The first thing to note is that no password is set in the password entry field, unlike the DCC, yet access to enigma2 is instantaneous. The blue block in the Host: field just covers the IP address of the receiver.
40162452a0a55c8dddb.jpg

To me this is mind boggling! Two versions of DCC have allowed access to files despite a password mismatch being insisted upon while FZ just gets on with it and opens up the files - without a password mismatch. Why is this?

teduk

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
VU passwords have never been dreambox.

Most VU+ images have no password at all it is left blank.

teduk

Registered
VU passwords have never been dreambox.
Most VU+ images have no password at all it is left blank.

Thank you for that.
I think the immediate connection with FZ proves that (i.e. both the Vu+ and FZ password fields are empty) - but - why do the two DCC versions demand/insist a password is used, thereby creating a password mismatch, before you can access enigma2 files???

Last edited: