Streaming Over The Internet

fanmail

Registered
Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me. I have always wanted to stream my Vu+ over the internet. I have just changed my broadband provider, I now have 60mb download and 5-6mb upload speeds. I think my upload speed is now fast enough to send over the internet

What do I need to do, the football season starts soon, I work Saturdays, I have a nexus 7 android tablet which I will be taking to working with me.

The Vu+ Duo2 now has transcoding, so it should be easier, does anybody have a guide. I am sure others would like to know.

Robinson74

Registered
I'm not sure if transcoding on Duo2 is customizable. On Solo2 it is not and it only ensures about 0.5 mbit/s which is far too little for your internet connection.
On the other hand, your upload may be too little for regular streaming without transcoding, depending on the bitrate of the channel you want to stream.
If transcoding on Duo2 works the same as on Solo2, you have 3 options:
- regular streaming but only on lower bitrate channels
- transcoding but the picture quality may not be satisfactory for you
- waiting for transcoding bitrate to become customizable

fanmail

Registered
when I go to transcoding setup on my vu+ duo2, I have these option

transcoding: enable or disable
Port: either 8001 or 8002
Birate: it is set to 2000000, but you can change
Framerate: I can choose either 23976, 24000, 29970, 30000, 59940 or 60000

Robinson74

Registered
OK, then it is customizable on your Duo2.
If only it was customizable on my Solo2.

Just use OpenWebif to log in to your box and choose the TV icon on the right.You also need to use some sort of video application such as VLC, Media Player Classic. Not every one will work though.

fanmail

Registered
do I need to install vlc player to my duo2 or to my PC
do I need to have my PC on to stream over the internet or do I just need my router and duo 2

how do I access my box from outside my network

how do I configure Open webif

openwebinterlace enable: yes
Http port: it has 00080 (should I change)
Streaming port: 08001 (should I change)
Enable Https: yes
Https port it says 00443 (should I change)
Smart services renaming for XBMC: is says no (should I change)

Robinson74

Registered
do I need to install vlc player to my duo2 or to my PC
PC only, the one on which you are going to watch your stream. You might also want to try Media Player Classic if VLC doesn't work for you.

do I need to have my PC on to stream over the internet or do I just need my router and duo 2.
Just your router and Duo2. On Duo2 you need to enter TranscodingSetup and change it to ENABLE and use port 8002. You can leave the other options at default.

how do I access my box from outside my network
You need to set up port forwarding on your router. Forward ports 80, 8001 and 8002.
And as for your OpenWebif options, you should be fine with these.

Alan Pee

Registered
I am trying to access my duo over the internet for streaming but it seems my isp blocks port 80 as am getting connection timed out for port 80 when I test. Port 8001, 8002 are fine. Can I substitute 80 with another port if so what port no. do I choose and how do I configure it both on my router and pc.

Alan Pee

Registered
I finally got it to work. I just did a full reset of my router, reconfigured it and then forwarded port 80, 8001 and 8002 to duo2 ip address. With my dyndns address I was able to access and stream outside my network. It worked smoothly both on SD and HD channels with dreamdroid + VPlayer but had some stutter on vuplus player. My transcoding config is: Bitrate - 1.5mbits, Framerate: 25 fps on VIX Image.

diddlydo

Registered
VU Solo 2 HD

Hello All,

I was hoping someone/Robinson could help me get my VU 2 Setup for streaming over the internet, as im having a nightmare as im not an expert :(

Thank you in advanced.