Help required please.

carrier

Registered
Newbie trying to install a N: line into a solo2. I am using Filezilla and in cccam.cfg I deleted all the script in notepad and entered my line like this N:soandsos.tv.com 10000 xxxx yyyy 010203040506008091011121314 and dragged it over to ect.

I have set the cam up and running 2.0.11 currently and have tried other one's. I am obviously doing something wrong PS Filezilla is connected to the reciever and say's file sent OK ? :mad:

Last edited:

panelbas

Registered
Newbie trying to install a N: line into a solo2. I am using Filezilla and in cccam.cfg I deleted all the script in notepad and entered my line like this N:soandsos.tv.com 10000 xxxx yyyy 010203040506008091011121314 and dragged it over to ect.

I have set the cam up and running 2.0.11 currently and have tried other one's. I am obviously doing something wrong PS Filezilla is connected to the reciever and say's file sent OK ? :mad:

i think n lines are not for cccam but for newcamd

I would use mgmcamd instead
Cccam is old now and can cause peoblems if server is using oscam as server software...
some will even block you if you use cccam as there are exploits and its easy to sniff user/pass its not secure.....Thats why most servers are using oscam as servers and not cccam now.

Also always remember to protect your box as there and many scanners looking for open boxes you would be amazed at the amount of boxes that are running wide open to be exploited....

Edit your newcamd.list like this
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = serverip port user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Last edited:

bonskopivo

Registered
Also always remember to protect your box as there and many scanners looking for open boxes you would be amazed at the amount of boxes that are running wide open to be exploited....

Hi,
Excuse my stupid question, but how can I protect the sat-box from scanners?

- Change to root password to something including numbers, lower case chars, upper case chars and special symbols such as '$' or '!'

- Enable firewall on your Internet router and define firewall policy rules so that you only allow what you absolutely need to go in and out, all the rest being denied. In particular, do not forward any port from your internet router to your vu+ box unless you absolutely need to do so (e.g. SSH access).

- If you access your box remotely over the Internet, use SSH instead of telnet and force key authentication instead of password auth for SSH.

- disable (already good) or uninstall (even better) any service you don't need (e.g. if you know you're never going to use Windows/cifs/smb shares, disable samba)

- update/patch the package whenever a vulnerability is discovered in a software package installed on your box

Howto change your root password
telnet to the box
open 192.168.x.x your box ip
login: root
Password: blank or default pass for your image!
passwd
and follow the prompts
don't forget to keep a record of the new password
Now u have new password for ur vu+ and can protect ur vu+from the Scanners

Last edited:

bellof

Registered
did you write

N:soandsos.tv.com

or

N: soandsos.tv.com

small thing but big effect!

guli

Registered
N: soandsos.tv.com 10000 xxxx yyyy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Who says that a N line will not work in CCcam it certainly would & it should be in the above format for it to work . The 14 sets of numbers need to be arranged as above .

The 14 sets of numbers can be any numbers or letters of your choice , or a mixture of your choice .

bellof

Registered

Who says that a N line will not work in CCcam it certainly would & it should be in the above format for it to work . The 14 sets of numbers need to be arranged as above .

The 14 sets of numbers can be any numbers or letters of your choice , or a mixture of your choice .

sure normally that should work!

but when i remeber times before oscam was available,
and you did run a polsat-card in newcs......

so that line has worked in mgcamd but not did work in cccam!

because cccam couldnt map to the right caid!

but OK you´re right,let me not walk down memory lane!

we life here and now and sooo you re 100% right this line should work also in CCcam!

It will work... but cccam sends its data via plain text over the internet Its a Known fact this is the main reason that loads of servers are moving away from cccam..
My server even tells its cliants not to use cccam and anyone using it will be blocked!

Mgmcam uses a better way of sending ccount info over the internet!
And oscam is even better if your server is also oscam you can use md5 checks then checks the ip number and has even better security!

to many servers are getting closed down and most of the ones that have been are using cccam.

Hope this helps users understand more

Last edited:

guli

Registered
but when i remeber times before oscam was available,
and you did run a polsat-card in newcs......

Lol I think you are mistaken my friend I never had a polsat card .