Any good? GigaBlue HD 800 Quad

olddroid59

Registered
I have a VU+ Ultimo now. How is GigaBlue HD 800 Quad? Anything "worse" than the VU+? How about picture quality? Is it possible to see HD in PIP?

skippie

Registered
i have the quad for 2 weeks now and i can say that this is my best buy ever.

Fast, reliable and easy to use.

The software is improving everyday (Vix)and still some bugs need to be fixed. We are still waiting for the famous 3.0 kernel to be released.

But so far : excellent receiver and i`m happy i bought it.

Guantanamoo

Registered
i wouldn`t think so

PIP in HD is working perfectly btw.

I can confirm, as it's my first month using this receiver, it's really a good one, fast, pip in real hd with no lag and lot of other good stuff that will be certainly improved by images teams, including the lcd display which is a good feature.

But, if you really plan to buy a new receiver, you can try to wait a little moment, maybe you can see if the duo 2 will be on sale very soon, and if you can't wait, just buy the quad ;)

olddroid59

Registered
I NEED at least 3 tuners, and it seems it's impossible to have more than 2 yet... :-(
I have a Ultimo, I have had several DB's, but I have never been 100% satisfied with VU..

baa

Donating Member
I have both of them. Quad is a great box it is a lot faster than my Ultimo, boot time three time faster than Ultimo, and cheaper ;) . Oh I forgot :) it is nice and small not bulky like Ultimo and it hase a external power supply so no fan no noise and no heat

Last edited: