Laundry woman cleans up at bookies

Laur

Registered
Laundry woman cleans up at bookies

A Cheshire woman has won nearly £500,000 from a £2 bet.

Agnes Haddock, who runs a washing and ironing business, chose all six Tote Scoop6 TV jackpot winners.

She has a chance of picking up a £248,288 bonus if she picks the winner of a race still to be nominated next Saturday at Sandown.

But Agnes plans to keep on working at her firm in Northwich, Cheshire, reports the Sun.

She said: "I spend most of my time washing and ironing and I would miss it terribly if I gave it up. And I couldn't let my customers down."

Her first selection Simon won at 7-1 in the 2.25 at Southwell. Agnes said: "I picked it because I used to work with a really nice lad called Simon."

Her second choice, Exotic Dancer - which Agnes chose because she had backed it previously - trotted up at 6-1 in the 2.45 at Cheltenham.

She got inspiration for the third winner - 6-1 Clouding Over in the 3.05 at Southwell - because it started to rain when she went into a BetFred bookies to place her bet.

Her fourth choice, Mountain, was a non-runner so her money automatically went on the favourite, Katchit - which won in the 3.30 at Cheltenham at 2-1.

Agnes's fifth and sixth horses Haggle Twins and Whispered Secret both romped home at 8-1.

She added: "I don't know exactly what I am going to do with all the money - probably buy a new house and have a holiday. It's still all a real shock. For £2 I've won a fortune. I've got a chance of winning more."